열둘

Chapter Twelve

There was something in the way she walked that always had my attention. Whether it was how Sanghee's hips swayed to either side or how her hair bounced lightly against her back... no matter what it was she was doing, I found myself staring. So much of her attracted me and desperately I wanted her by my side at all costs. Her laugh was infectious- her confident, laid back demeanor could just as easily be whisked away by a sudden shyness. It was endearing and there was no way to stop me from falling for her anymore. I'm sure each aomg member knew it too..

Listening to her singing kept me infatuated. By now everyone in the company had heard her newest songs for the album- they were heaven to my ears and I couldn't get enough. Her voice in itself could drag you in and one look at her could have you hooked.

But the worst part was that I had to maintain my composure because nothing between us was reciprocal. I wouldn't allow myself to look like a fool to her; I wanted her to see me like how I saw her.

Something was wrong and I wasn't the only one who began picking up on it. Sanghee couldn't be in a room with me for more than five minutes; she'd run away immediately or find an excuse to leave. Had I done something? Because what she was doing to me hurt and I wanted answers as to why I was being avoided.

"She probably picked up on that you were going to kiss her that one day..."

"But that was awhile ago."

Jay shrugged, "she must be scared then. Do you know what her past relationships were like?"

"Her and this guy dated for a few months but otherwise I'm not sure."

"Just try to assert yourself to her more. I'm shocked by how many girls love seeing dominant figures and knowing they're safe with a guy." my trust in Jay was high. Even if I had been in a relationship for six years, it ended long before then; and my fellow ceo always knew what he was talking about when it came to woman, "invite her over to your place."

"Why my place?"

"You'll have the upper hand first of all... and just order some food and talk. We all know how meaningful of a person she is."

"Thank you for the encouragement.."

"Use it well man."

There was an overwhelming confidence flowing through me I knew that now would be when to act upon it. As of now the only place to find Sanghee would be her studio as she was diligently working her time away to prepare for an official debut album.

Sanghee's headphones were covering her ears, her head bobbing to whatever music was being played to her privacy. My heart lurched at the sight of her.

It was as if she knew someone was there that she turned, eyes widening, "K-Kiseok!" hopping up to her feet she moved towards me.

Closing the door I blocked her exit, "have I done something to hurt you?"

"No..."

"Then why won't you talk to me like normal, how you did before? It's worrying me."

"I-I'm just stressed trying to perfect everything I'm sorry."

If she was telling the truth I could have said how much I agreed with her. That I know how much it can hurt making an album trying to be perfect.. but I could tell she was lying, "it's okay. You could make it up to me by spending time with me tonight..."

"H-how?"

"Come to my place, I could order takeout." 'please say yes' was all I could think as I watched an inner conflict occur in her eyes.

"S-sure Kiseok. I would like that, making it up to you."

I smiled, "Good. Whenever you're done we can go." a huge wave of relief washed over me knowing finally I would get more time with her, alone.

***

Within minutes of being back with Kiseok I was like we clicked once again. I felt stupid for trying to avoid him, I missed being in his company more than I thought. His deep accented voice always had my full attention along with his laugh, there was so much about him that was amazing. Whether it was his loyalty, musical abilities, or even age, I yearned to be closer to him.

Kiseok's apartment was the perfect bachelor pad for someone like him who was gone constantly. It was a mixture of disorganized to awkwardly tidy but of course I didn't mind.

"I'm glad we decide on takeout.." I giggled as we set the Chinese food bags down.

"Me too. Honestly I can't cook to save my life."

"Well you're lucky I can then."

"You're able to cook well?"

"I'd say so. My specialty is mainly 'American' dishes but my mom taught me the basics for really anything." I sighed remembering that she always said, "my dad would always go on about how I was going to be the perfect wife no matter what."

"He seems traditional."

"Ah more like he wants me to give up music once I'm old enough to settle with a man. I don't blame him, he's always been supportive."

"I remember you told me last time we went to eat."

"Yes, that was a nice night."

"It was... but we can always have another like that." approaching me, Kiseok wrapped his arms around my my shoulders pulling me in, "it hurt knowing you were avoiding me."

"I-I wasn't-"

"No you were... but I know how you feel. I'm in the same place."

"W-what?"

He sighed, "never mind. It's not important."

I laid my head against his chest listening to his heart beat, feeling each breath he took, "okay."

"Are you hungry? You need to make sure you're eating well."

"I haven't been the best with it lately but it's not to worry."

"Good thing we have our unbelievably healthy takeout." Kiseok joked removing his arms from my frame and going over to the food, "let's eat on the couch and watch some tv."

"I like that idea. That's how my brothers and I always ate."

"Then it'll remind you of home, good."

Our night consisted of laughter and conversation about our childhoods. I told him of all the poor, stupid decisions I made involving late night sneak outs, partying to anything imaginable for teenagers to do. Our lives had been lived so differently because of the age difference and hearing what he had to tell was fascinating. Talking to Kiseok came naturally to me even when we stumbled upon past relationships once again- but hearing about Lady Jane this time caused a out in my stomach to form. But they were adults, they knew each other for longer than I have known Hannah.

Literally nothing ceased this night from being special for me; just the fact he continued to pursue my company was flattering. Maybe what everyone was saying was true, maybe we really were meant to be.

"You're very special to me Sami, you know that right?" his words hit my ears and I couldn't comprehend them at first.

"I-I appreciate your kind words Kiseok."

"Ah well it's true. You work very hard." my head fell upon his shoulder, his arm around my waist keeping us close.

"I'm trying my best." I tiredly laughed.

"You ready for China?"

"Yep, bags are pretty much all packed and everything."

"You'll enjoy it I'm sure. Everyone's excited for you to be joining us."

"I am too."

There was a passion I could see in his eyes as he talked about his love for rap and getting go perform. It was a true admiration for what he loved to do and what he was respected for. Getting to see him perform itself will be an honor, something I'd always love to watch.

[I can't believe this book already has 2k reads.. thank you for all the support]