Chapter Four

The streets of Seoul seemed never ending, crazy, exciting and new- but were just as normal to anyone who lived there. People seemed to spend time shopping, eating out, making their way to work or just wandering around aimlessly hoping for something to pop out. It was noticeable just how much people were indulged in themselves rather than focusing on what was around them. Small accidents occurred from shoulder nudging to calling someone out. It was all similar to the busiest streets of Cali, but the vibes were different, the kindness was missing. Not many people liked to take time out of their day to say a simple 'sorry' or strike up a conversation.

I wandered around myself not having a purpose and just wanting to see what was around my apartment. It had over a good ten years since I was last here, and so much seemed different. I thought there could be a chance I'd recognize something, but I was wrong there.

With a quickly dying phone battery and a get together with Simon closing in, I knew I was screwed. Having absolutely no idea where I was there weren't too many options for me than to probably just call him.

The phones ringing seemed to drag on before a familiar voice rang through.

"Hey what's up?"

"Hi so you know how we're meeting in thirty minutes?"

"Mhmm."

"Well you see... I kinda don't know where I am." I chuckled awkwardly attempting to make light of the situation.

The line was silent for a few seconds before I could hear a heavy sigh, "alright tell me your surroundings and stay put."

"Thank you and I'm sorry..."

"You're fine."

I sat on the park bench watching the wind blow around trees' leaves, swaying the grass. The air was cool causing me to shiver regretting leaving without a jacket. Not knowing where I was, was absolutely terrifying. I knew no one and it felt like all eyes were on me, the poor lost girl all alone.

Making the transition from almost always speaking and reading English to everything being in Korean was also difficult at times. Of course I was fluent and always spoke in it to my parents and brothers, it just never ceased to surprise me when everyone around me didn't speak English. I knew I'd be perfectly fine it would just take some time to adjust.

"Glad you're not dead." with his thick Busan accent Kiseok chuckled walking up to me.

"Oh me too!" I was more than happy to see him as I hopped up, "can we go now?"

"Yep... and maybe we should've showed you around a little bit before."

"Yeah maybe."

"So did Jay tell you today's the day he's officially releasing that you've joined aomg?"

I smiled getting excited, "he mentioned he would sometime this week."

"Sheesh he's doing a damn good job of keeping you in the loop I see." as I sat in the passenger seat of his car, I watched him curiously from the corner of my eyes. He was so intently focused on the road, the slight from on his face... Kiseok's profile was perfect, he was definitely handsome.

"So um what do you have in mind for our collaboration? I've been thinking about it." I broke the silence shared between us.

He cleared his throat, "I have a few ideas but I'm not too sure. I'd like to have your opinions and thoughts in it mainly."

"Okay."

"I'm thinking to have you feature on a track of mine so we're slowly leading you in... I'm just trying to think the best way to introduce you to the media."