That made sense, I had to admit. Haiden, Lydia, and Taylor were the only caucasians in the group. The rest had different backgrounds and I wondered how they ended up in America if their kind were in different countries.

    "How come no one knows about them?" I asked, finally asking the question I had always wondered.

    "Because we make sure they aren't known," Chelsea said softly. "Most humans are afraid of things they can't understand. These people are exactly that and because of that, people fear them. It causes mayhem and that's exactly why we made a deal with the mythical creatures to stay away from each other. In order to keep our world safe, it's better off this way."

    "So... What are your jobs?"

    Deep down, I knew it was to kill. Especially after seeing their combat skills yesterday, I knew demon hunters were meant to kill demons. It made me sick as I knew Haiden was one of their targets.

    "Although some of these... special humans are good, not all of them are," Chelsea said. "That's why it's our job to make sure they behave right."

    "And if they don't?" I asked, heart racing.

    "We kill them," Peter said bluntly.

    Horror rose up within me and I told myself that if there was such thing as a death sentence, then this was the same. But yet, I didn't like the idea of my guardians taking away others' lives. I didn't like the idea of anyone dying and I felt horrible. But, I hid those feelings and kept asking my questions.

    "So if they commited a crime, you guys kill them?" I asked.

    "Well if it's a serious crime, then yes," Peter answered.

    "Is that why you're planning on killing The Demons?"

    "Yes." Peter's eyes hardened. "They killed countless people. They are terrorizing the citizens of our town. They need to be wiped out."

    I didn't hide my horror as I stared at Peter, stunned. He was dead serious about this. Dead set, too, which sucked. No matter what The Demons might've done, I couldn't let death be Haiden's fate.

    "And we'd like you to join, honey," Chelsea said, causing my jaw to drop. "We would like you to become a hunter."

    No, I internally screamed. I could never become one. I could never kill anyone and I could never be an enemy to Haiden. This was an unbelievable offer.

    "I know this is all shocking and it's a lot to take in, but we'd love to have your help," Peter said gently. "The Demons have been taking out our members and we need all the help we can get to fight them. You've always been a daughter to us and it'd mean a lot if you could follow in our family footsteps."

    Horrified, I looked at Blake who hadn't said a word. He was staring at me, his expression serious, and then he nodded. As if to encourage me to agree, he held my eyes as he nodded. I couldn't believe it. I thought Blake knew I would never want to hurt anyone.

    "Luna, seriously it would mean a lot," Peter said. "We really need the help. I know you're a gentle girl and all, but now that you know it would be great if you could join our side."