Blake held me tighter and he whispered into my ear, "We're going to be okay. Don't be scared. My parents got this."

More shock filled me as I realized Blake wasn't surprised by what his parents were doing. He seemed confident in their abilities, which left me gaping at the scene in front of me. Was this what Haiden meant about my guardians? Was this their secret?

"Did we answer your question?" Peter asked.

"You demon slayers always have to be violent, don't you?" Lydia said, rolling her eyes. "You guys never know when to realize fighting is useless."

    "That's funny, coming from you," Chelsea said. "Look at how many innocent people you've killed."

    "Those people are far from innocent," Lydia hissed.

    Suddenly, Peter shot at Lydia and she quickly dodged it. Her eyes filled with hate as she glared at Peter, looking ready to kill him. Then she lunged towards him, causing Chelsea to swing her sword at her. Lydia rolled out of the way, but I saw her calf was cut.

   "Do something Dashawn!" Lydia screamed.

    Blood from her wound dripped onto the tiled floor and suddenly, the air filled with the smell of something burning. My eyes flew to Dashawn and my jaw dropped when I saw his hands and feet were on fire.

    "Dashawn, don't go there," Peter said, aiming his gun at him.

   Dashawn simply grunted and Peter paled. He then began to walk toward Peter and panic hit me. Dashawn was a hug guy and there was no doubt he could knock Peter out with a slap. He was screwed and there had to be something I could do to help.

   But then, Peter suddenly aimed his gun at Lydia and shot. The bullet hit her already wounded leg and she let out a piercing scream, causing me to wince. With wide eyes, I stared at Lydia who was now sprawled on the ground.

   "Come any closer and I'll shoot her again," Peter threatened, his eyes dark.

Dashawn stopped walking and I noticed unease was now written across his face. To my surprise, I realized we had won. My guardians had somehow defeated two members of a criminal gang. This was unbelievable.

"Chelsea," I heard Peter mutter so quietly I could barely hear. "Your sword can cut through fire, so attack Dashawn as I talk to him. It's time to end this gang."

My heart stopped. Although Dashawn was a stranger, my guardians' plan made me upset. The Demons weren't prefect, but they didn't deserve death. No one deserved death without any opportunity of redemption.

I opened my mouth to say something, anything to save Dashawn, but suddenly I heard, "Stop!"

All of our eyes went to the front door and we saw Haiden walking towards us, his face serious. But because I knew him well, I saw the hint of panic in his eyes. Pain at that filled me.

    Haiden soon reached the kitchen and he went to Dashawn's side. Dashawn was no longer on fire and he was staring at Haiden, looking ready to follow Haiden's order. At that, I knew Haiden was truly the leader.

    Haiden looked at the scene before him. To my disappointment his eyes skimmed over me, but I knew I wasn't his priority at the moment. As his eyes landed on Lydia and fear filled them, I knew Lydia needed serious medical help. I was a no one in this situation and like Blake said, I was definitely clueless.

    "Haiden Jaeger," Peter said, bringing Haiden's attention to him. "What an honour to finally meet you."

    "Look, I'll get straight to the point," Haiden said, growing serious. "My gang will stay away from your home if you let me take Lydia. If you let all of us leave without a fight, I swear we'll leave your home alone."

   "Haiden!" Lydia squeaked out. "We can't!"

    Haiden shot her a look that silenced her. He was all business and I stared at him, seeing the side of him that earned him a spot in a gang. I didn't know how to feel about this side.

    "How can we trust you?" Chelsea asked.

    "Well, you either trust us or your son won't be walking in a couple of minutes," Haiden said, causing Blake to stiffen.

    My eyes widened with horror and I stared at Haiden, wishing he'd look at me. I couldn't believe he was threatening my friend. I couldn't believe how serious Haiden was about it too.

    Peter and Chelsea looked at each other, looking for an answer, and soon they were nodding. Obviously they'd agree to what Haiden wanted. To keep their son safe, they would. I didn't like the fact Haiden got his way through a threat.

    "Fine," Peter said. "Leave and never come back."

    Haiden didn't say anything as he walked to Lydia. He picked her up and carried her bridal style, walking towards the door. Dashawn followed him, looking like a lost puppy.

    The Daniels and I watched them and I felt my heart drop. We were enemies. It was obvious from the tension between The Daniels and The Demons. And to my disappointment, I didn't know whose side I was on.

    I began to yearn for Haiden as he began to leave through the door, but to my surprise, he looked at me. My heart stopped as the look he gave me was one filled with longing. I wasn't sure of what he was hoping for, but that single look kept me dedicated to him. Because even now, even when my family was against him, I would remain at his side. Solely because he was at mine when the world seemed to be against it.