Chapter XII

Vampire: noun. A corpse supposed, in European folklore, to leave it's Grace at night to drink the blood of the living by biting their necks with their long, pointed canine teeth.

Vampire: un-living, not-breathing, without life. 

Vampire: Harry. 

_______

"He's obviously a vampire." Rosalie's words played over and over in Evermore's head.

She hadn't been able to sleep, and at this point, she didn't want to. She was angry. She was angry that Harry thought that he could just come into her life, let her kiss him, then leave with only a picture of her Mother being left behind.

She knew she had to look as dead as she felt, due to lack of rest, but she didn't care. When she returned to school the following Monday, she had stayed completely silent during lunch, ignoring Clearance and Rosalie's efforts to converse with her.

After school, she was going to find Harry. She was going to find him and get answers, and nothing was going to stop her.

____

Evermore marched up Harry's front steps and banged on the door, although she figured it wouldn't do much good. Surely if Harry had left, so had his parents. His parents. Did he even have parents? Everyone has parents. She had just never seen his before.

Maybe they had died, maybe that is what Harry meant when he told her he understood how she felt.

After a few knocks, she tried the door handle. And to her surprise, it opened. She hesitantly crept in, not wanting to disturb some kind of alarm. The house had been left just as it was the first time she had been in it, totally untouched. No pictures, no sense of originality. It didn't feel like a home.

Ever proceeded to snoop around the living room, not exactly sure what she would find. When she came up empty handed, she headed up the big staircase, that looked like it had been carved by hand. Each design that wove around the rails were as detailed as a Mozart painting.

She didn't know which room was Harry's, but she was going to check every single one until she found it. To her surprise, the first room she stepped into was empty. She knew she shouldn't be surprised though, in a house with this many rooms, one can't be expected to fill them all. Especially since she was pretty sure he was the only child.

What alarmed Evermore the most though, was that all of the bedrooms were completely empty. Not one trace of anyone living in any of them. Except for, a large white freezer setting in one of them. And when Evermore went to approach it, her heart start to race.

Why would he be keeping a freezer in an upstairs bedroom? And what would he possibly be keeping in it? 

As she lifts up the lid, her whole body goes stiff, her blood running cold. The freezer was full of blood bags. Full blood bags. 

"You weren't supposed to find this." Says a familiar voice behind Evermore. She tenses, unable to turn and face the man behind her.

Harry.