Chapter VII

As soon as Evermore got home she went straight to her room, grabbing the silver cross necklace out of her top dresser drawer. She looked at it, examining it. It just looked like a regular cross, with an H engraved on the back. She sighed and fell back on to her bed. She didn't know what she expected to find, but she had hoped that there was something. Something to answer one of the many questions she had. She realized that it was ridiculous, all of it was absolutely insane. But she couldn't shake the feeling that, although it might be insane, something was happening, something was wrong. And she was going to find out what it was.

__

She didn't want to go back to school, not after the exit she made, so she stayed up in her room. She got all of the homework that was due the next day done, and out of the way. Once she knew school was over, she decided to go see Harry, to give him his necklace. She walked up his steps and knocked on his door. Only a few moments passed before the door swung open, revealing Harry standing in the doorway. Instead of his usual black skinny jeans, he wore dark blue ones with a plain gray t-shirt and a leather jacket. She hadn't noticed his change in attire earlier that morning, and she supposed it was because she was too busy thinking about the dream. "Did you come to visit me, love?" He said, a smug grin on his face.

She almost turned around and left, right then and there. "I just came to give you this," she said, holding out the necklace. His expression instantly changed from smug, to relieved. "I found it at the cemetery." She explained.

Evermore expected him to reach out and take it from her, but instead he opened the door wider, inviting her in. She hesitated for a moment, before stepping inside. She had never seen the inside of the house, but the architecture was just as beautiful on the inside as it was on the outside. As she glanced around the front room, she didn't see any family pictures hanging on the walls, although they seemed to be totally unpacked.

"Just as beautiful as I imagined it." She states, mostly to herself. Harry moves to stand beside her. And when she turns her head to look at him, his eyes are on her, and he's smiling. A chill ran down her spine, and she instinctively steps away from him. "Here," she holds the necklace out to him once again. This time he reaches out to take it from her, letting his linger on hers while he does, the now familiar electric feeling coursed through her. She stared up into his deep green eyes, and in that moment she wanted to get lost in them. Time seems to stop around them, and she wants to stare into his eyes forever.

"Thanks." He whispers to her, shoving the necklace into his front pocket.

Evermore wasn't sure what it was about Harry, if it was his perfectly sculpted features, or his mysterious demeanor; but there was something about him that made her do things she wouldn't normally do. Things she had never done before.

So after moments of standing there, looking into his emerald eyes, she kissed him. Taken completely by surprise, Harry could only stand there, while Evermore pushed past him, rushing out of his front door.