Chapter VIII

Harry liked knowing Evermore's thoughts. He liked being in her mind. He had known that she was frustrated with him, confused about the dream. But he couldn't stop himself, he needed to get closer to her. Although, just then, when she had kissed him, he hadn't been in her mind. It wasn't a rough, or even passionate kiss. There was something so innocent and intimate about the moment, he hadn't even thought to try to read her mind. She seemed so vulnerable in the moment, he didn't want to. He just wanted to be with her. He wanted to be normal.

Moments after she left, he went up to his room, grabbing the leather bound journal from the shelf that hung above his bedroom desk. He sat down, opening the journal to the bookmarked page.

Journal entry 20, March 23, 1857.
Jessamine Gilmore

An he began to read..

___

Evermore wished that there was some kind of time-machine, or memory loss serum that existed. Something to erase what she had just done. She didn't even know why she had done it, she wasn't sure why she did anything these days, but if there was a way that she could undo it all, she would. She wished that she had never met Harry. She wished that she could go back to her normal, boring, routine life. But there was a very small part of her, a part that she tried very hard to deny; a part of her that liked their random run-ins. A part of her that was glad they met. A part of her that wanted to get to know him better.