Chapter Two

11th August, 2015

"I'm going to be 16 soon!" Jack sung as Abby (my friend since last year) Sat down next to me. Jack had mentioned his birthday so many times already, and it was sort of getting a little bit annoying. It was funny that he was so excited, though.
He's always been this excited about his birthday, always rubbing it in people's faces. I remember on his sixth birthday when he came and banged on my door until I opened it, just to tell me it was his birthday. The only difference was that now he was taller than me, and a lot more muscular than he used to be. He had a toned body, but not quite a six pack.

His arm was hung around Stacey's thin waist, but she was busy typing on her phone. They'd been together three years now, even if it seems like yesterday they were arguing about who gets to help me mix the cookie dough. Now they don't argue at all.
Everything's smooth with the two of them.
Stacey always seemed vacant recently. Her parents weren't arguing as far as I was aware, and she still seemed happy, just not as involved with the fun as she used to be. Maybe she was worried about her results, though I knew she'd get all A's like she always does.

We were all sitting in the hall waiting to go in to collect our results from our GCSEs. I knew me and Stacey would do fine, and Jack wouldn't care either way; it was Abby that I was worried about. She was more than capable of passing all her exams, she was almost as smart as Stacey. The thing was, she hadn't spoken much in months. She denied that anything happened to her, and Jack told me to leave her alone every time I brought it up. I guess I was just imagining things. Either that or Jack and Abby had some sort of unspoken past. She seemed almost scared of him. Were they related? I quickly shook the thoughts from my mind. 

"I'll be sixteen before you, remember?" I teased. Jack was the youngest in the year, and he hated that I was older than him. Jack glared at me before punching me in the arm, earning himself a glare from Abby.
"I'm still in charge though, Charlotte." He called me Charlotte to make me feel small and I hated it.
"Stacey, Jack hit me!" I whined. Rolling her eyes, Stacey looked up from her phone.
"Boys will be boys." Abby choked on her food and stared at the table, wide-eyed. I reached to squeeze her shoulder but she flinched and Jack shot her a look. Something was wrong. Maybe it was none of my business, but I followed her anyway when she got up and walked out with watering eyes. 

    67%of survivors who were victimised by a friend start to develop trust issues. 

(a/n Yo, thanks for reading! Vote, comment, share and add to your library. Things get a little bit triggering next chapter, skip it if you're easily triggered by mentions of self harm/vomiting/ suicide. Anyway, I hope you liked it.)
-Rae

ԑk