Chapter One

24th August, 2004

"Charlie!" Jack exclaimed as he banged on my bedroom door urgently. I could hear the excitement in his voice. He was turning six years old today. Jack, one of my best friends, was four days younger than me. He was really loud and confident and he was always in charge in whatever game we were playing.
He was also very messy, he'd get crumbs all over the place when he ate, and he was always spilling his juice.
 He was happy most of the time. He'd play with me, help me bake cakes, pick out clothes, tie up my hair. He'd even play dolls with me, even if he didn't want to and grumbled about it. Sometimes, though, he wasn't so happy.
He got angry at me when I didn't do things right. He would stomp around and say 'You can't just let Stacey play OUR game!'
But Stacey was my best friend as well, I couldn't just kick her out.

Jack was still banging on my door, so I opened it really fast just to see him stumble forward.
"You're not funny, Charlie." He whined while giggling. He did that a lot. Before I could respond, He jumped at me and wrapped his arms around my shoulders, pulling me into some form of a hug.
"Ew, get off!" I joked. "Boys are snotty and yuck!"
"Oh, but Charlie, Is it wrong to have a hug from my favourite girl on my birthday!?" He asked with wide eyes. I pulled away from the hug quickly, letting my hand fly to my mouth and gasping. 

"You forgot!" He yelled. "I knew it, you always forget th-" Pulling a tiny wrapped present and card out from behind my back, I cut his rage short. Jack's sad frown faded into a smile that reached his bright blue eyes. 

"Happy Birthday, Jack." I smiled as he took his present from my hands. He sat cross legged right in my doorway and eagerly opened his present to find a box. He looked at me with questioning eyes as he opened the red velvet box. He grinned, pulling out a little glass guardian angel.
Jack stood up, walking over to me. "It matches the one I got for you." He was still grinning, starting to giggle. "Now race me down the stairs, peasant!" he shouted

***

We were sat around the table with all our friends eating the food that my mum made for mine and Jack's joined birthday party, since my birthday was only four days ago.
Jack leaned in close to my ear. "I invited Stacey so you wouldn't be mad at me." He whispered, apparently a little too loud.
"I heard that!" Stacey (who was sitting on the other side of me) snapped.
"I love you both the same, so stop trying to win me." I laughed. I wondered if these two would ever be friends.
Little did I know...

38% of sexual abuse or rape is committed by somebody close to the victim.

(a/n So here's the first chapter. Vote, comment, share and add to your library. Follow me if you want to. Thanks for reading.)
-Rae