Chapter 6

I do not know how we managed to get so far from the castle as we had.  My wolf was so blind with rage and anger but within the arms of Master I found refuge and my body shut off.  I had passed out in his hold I was safe from others and myself.  If anyone else would have tried to carry me at that point I would have slaughtered them there on the spot.  But my beast knew that my Master is stronger and smarter than any of us, so she didn´t try to do anything reckless and she let me rest.  When I awoke, Master was beside me waiting for me to regain consciousness.  He wasn’t joking when he said it would be a battle for my sanity.  I felt like I had been tied up and beaten all day. 

It hurt to stretch at first but then as I was able to take in the smells I felt tension release.  The smell in the forest was reminding me that I was home. It was so different from Siberia, here was everything green.  How many times have I dreamt of this forest and imagined I was running through the grass without a care in the world.  I was in my wolf form now feeling free and loving the sounds and smells all around me.  All the tension that had been building up inside me for the past few days was being released.  It was time for me to get away from everybody other than Master and let my wolf take over me for a few.  She wanted to run back home and be near her mate but that would not end very well and agreed not to with everything going on.  She was finally feeling free and thanked Master for keeping his promise.  He stayed close at first but allowed me to wander.    

It was spring time the grass has started to go green, spring flowers were already popping out of the earth. I stopped several times to smell them, which has led to a sneeze from the pollen. But I didn´t worry, I remembered the first time when I changed, my wolf would smell anything and everything what came before me. In the woods I found a small clearing, and decided that I will rest a little letting my head rest on my paws, I looked around me. Trees have started to awaken and the first leaves were showing.  The air held so many different scents at once that I purred in happiness and joy to finally smell home again.  The melody of singing birds in the air was starting to relax the last bit of tension from me as I finally found tranquility in my soul.  My eyes began to droop as I was just on the verge of a deep asleep when the rumble of another voice, in my head, startled me for a second.

“Alina, how are you doing my child?”  I could detect the worry in his voice.

“I´m fine Master, enjoying the peace while I can.”

“Where are you? I can´t seem to locate you but I know you are near.  Your scent is all over the place you must have been having some fun.”

With a chuckle, I responded, “I have found a nice clearing in the middle of the woods and I´m enjoying it. It’s so quiet here and I was content for the first time in a while.”

“Well, that was nice to hear.  You sound like you have found your center again, am I correct?”

“Yes, I finally manage it. It was so terrible Master, my wolf still wanted to run back and kill that bitch several times, but I managed to control her and she agreed to step back. We both feel at ease now.”

“I don´t want to destroy your peace, but we need to return. They will send someone to look after us and they can see you in your wolf form. Your mate and father will recognize you immediately and that will destroy everything for you.”

“Yeah, you are probably right, I am on my way now.”

It took me half hour to come back to my Master he was patiently waiting for me, with my clothes in his hand. I took my clothes and dressed behind a big tree as he stood guard.