Chapter 3

We finally arrived in America after a long plane ride with dangerous turbulence.  None of us liked being trapped in a metal can with no land in site.  We were grateful for Master’s presence. As we moved towards the exit, people looked at us and quickly moved away.  Those brave were pointing and struggled to hide the disgust from their faces.  Several you could hear whispering and cursing out existence under their breath.  Even the security guys avoided us. Everyone knows better than approach us. We don´t answer to anybody, we don´t ask and we don´t like to be stopped or interrupted by anyone on our mission.

As always, Blade and Miri took up the lead, Master in the middle and Axel and I taking up the rear.  Our purpose is to ward off any attackers or perceived threats towards Master.  We will protect him with our own life.  Warriors have a natural repellant from most people it is wired into our systems and becomes part of our nature.  It’s been describe by others brave enough to speak that we make people feel strange and they fell some source of dark vibrations just by being in the same room. As we moved into the airport, you could watch people withdrawing from their path and purposefully avoiding us as much as they could. We didn´t miss the tiny whispers and pointing from some regarding how sexually appealing and beautiful we were.  If only they know, what was under all that beauty, they would run for the nearest exit and never look a second time.

Stepping out of the SUV waiting on the curb, a young boy that began walking towards us so with a gentle breath through my nose, I knew that he was a werewolf.  Blade stiffed and his body tensed and let out slightly growl as a warning.  Instantly the boy froze.  He didn´t dare to breathe either.  Waves his fear filled the area putting us on greater edge. 

"Where are the car keys!?" said Master.

He stuttered and with shaky hands he stretched out the keys. Axel took them and went for the driving seat. We all started to walk to car and boy stuttered out, “Excuse me S-Sir, I´m y-your c-chauffeur t-to the c-court.”

“Not in this life time.” Blade bellowed as he stared at the young boy who like he was still might to eat him for a dinner. He will always suspect everyone and never trust anybody besides us near him. 

“But h-how w-will I get h-home?”

“Like I give a damn!  Now get lost from my sight.” Blade growl could be heard across the loading zone. The boy gathered himself and walked away fast as his legs would allow him in the opposite direction before anything else was said.

“Blade don´t be so rough. He is just a boy.” I patted his shoulder. He gave me wicked smile and whispered in my ear, “But darling you like it, when I´m rough. “ I gasped, he was one crazy bastard. He knew all my team mates and our Master could hear him. A taunting laugh came from the car and all three were laughing at our little talk, including my Master. 

“C´mon love birds, we need to go. It´s two hour drive to the court.” Axel sounded out over the seats.

On the drive, we were talking about strategy and some recent news, but my mind was distracted focusing on those disturbing thoughts about where we were headed. I´m coming home, what they would look like, will they recognize me, what will they say? My mind was doing flip flops. Some unpleasant feeling started to build in my stomach. The only thing that makes my wolf nervous and excited was my mate. She is compliant with Master and honors his commands.  She tolerates Blade and glad he has been there for us and tends are needs but she will never felt that way again with her mate and that was no longer an option.  Little after being sent to the Academy I found out that he married and mated with my step sister. I can’t stress the deceit I feel thinking about it even to this day so many years later.