NINTH | FORGETTING BUT STILL NOT OVER

AUTHOR

Nadine started running but Justin grabbed her again and Nadine was about to slap Justin but his reflex was fast so he didn't got hit.

Nadine didn't want to stay and look at this jerk or even breathe the same air with him. She ran to a bus that just stopped near her and got on. Justin then ran in front of the bus door but didn't got on. He took a deep breath and stared at Nadine while she cries.

The bus started to move while Justin was there, standing.

When Nadine started to walk to her apartment, a male voice called him.

"Hey. Nadine, right?" Cedric said. "I'm Cedric Martin."

Nadine didn't respond. She just stared at him just like a normal person would do to a stranger. She then noticed something about him.

"That ring..." Nadine said quietly.

"Yes, I got it from him."

Nadine didn't react either. Her expression was just plain. She doesn't know if she'll cry or just go with it.

"Do you want to have dinner?" Cedric smiled.

Nadine then nodded.

----------------------------------------

The two finally got in the restaurant and sat down. It's not much of a fancy restaurant but the food has a great quality. 

Cedric gave a shot to Nadine. She didn't even hesitate. After Cedric gave her the drink, he was about to hold his glass up to make cheers but Nadine quickly swallowed the drink so Cedric chuckled and drank his.

"You don't go to your salsa class anymore?" Cedric said. "I've been going there everyday, hoping to see you again."

He was the guy in my class? That's why he looked so familiar! Nadine thought. 

She didn't spoke, nor looked at him. She just drank another shot.

There was an awkward silence between the two for a minute.

"I want my ring back." Nadine finally spoke.

"If I gave it back, will I see you again?"

Nadine didn't respond.

"I know I'm being cheap but I'll do whatever it takes for me to see you again."

After their dinner, Nadine felt her phone vibrate. She knew it was Justin so she decided to ignore it. After all the walks and several missed calls later. Nadine finally is almost home and saw Justin leaning on his car in front of their apartment building  with a bouquet of white roses on his left hand and his phone on his right ear.