Chapter 1.

I rub my hands together so I can keep them warm. Even though I live in Alabama it can get sort of cold here. Not as cold as New York though. I've been waiting for like 3 minutes in the bus stop. I would've taken my car but I had gotten a flat tire, second time in a month. I didn't have any money and I already used my spare one. My only option was the bus.

Ever since I've gotten my license I haven't gone to school on the bus. But I've just had bad luck this month. Lucky me. It was the last day before winter break, two whole boring weeks. Until Christmas of course.

The bus was near the stop where all the kids were at, 6, including me. Only two of them were in my grade. They were throwing rockes at a small puddle that was almost frozen. It rains in the winter over here.

The bus approached the stop, the double doors to the bus opened and I let the little kids get in first. Once I was in I looked around at the faces, I didn't recognized many. There was an empty seat all the way in the back so I took it.

The drive to school wasn't long, only 15 minutes. While we were heading to school I overheard, well really they were talking obnoxiously loud and high pitched- my ears might've bled for a bit, two senior girls talking about this guy named 'Death'.

"He is so hot!" The girl with a fake tan said.

"He just came yesterday to town and everyone knows him already. He even has every girl spreading their legs for him already." The other girl with exaggerated makeup said.

I'm not surprised, of course they would spread their legs for anyone.

Hopefully I don't cross paths with this dude or I will get a disease just by walking pass him.

It was lunch time now and I usually went to eat out of school but since I had no car, I just ate an apple. I didn't really want to eat the school food.

The cafeteria was noisy and all I saw was disgusting stuff. This boy was fingering this girl under the table, and they're thinking no one sees them. But unfortunately I saw them. That is another reason why I don't like to eat here.

After another 40 minutes in the cafeteria the bell sounds for 6th period. I have this period off so I usually went to the library and finished any assignments but today I have none since it is the last day before Christmas break and we do get off early.

All I could hear this whole time was people talk about some new kid.

"He is so hot. Can't wait to hook up with him."

"I've heard he's been to jail."

"His tattoos are f'ing awesome. He's all covered in them."

"He has to be mine."

And blah blah blah.

"I'm home." I say while entering the house. After two hours doing nothing in school, we got released and now off to the break.

"You ate already mija?" My godmother asks.

"No. I'm not really hungry." I say taking off my shoes and coat.

"It's because of those midnight snacks." She says sternly as I made my way to the staircase heading up to my bedroom.

The house wasn't that big but it was beautiful.

Ever since I left my parents, who are in New York, they kept on sending money to me, but I always denied it because I didn't want any money from their 'business', but my godmother took it for her own and used it all up. I'm okay with it I guess.

I work at this diner and tutored students to earn my money. I left my parents to be me and independent and them sending money to me meant that they're still kind of raising me. They're raising my godmother's bank money of course. But they don't know that.

I lay in bed, I feel myself drifting off into sleep. And into a nightmare.

New York
Couple of weeks ago

"So it's a deal then?" The dark, sadistic voice says.

"Are you sure Pedro?" I woman says, her voice cracking a bit.

"It's the only way out. I'm sure she will understand. It's her fault for not wanting to be with us so this is her punishment also." A stern voice says.

"Nice to make business with you Aguilar." The man with the dark voice says, a smirk playing across his face.

"If you need anything else you know where we are."

"We always know where you are, and even more when you kill one of us. Be careful next time. One of you will die next time if this is repeated again."

_________

First chapter! I will try to update regularly but I've had busy schedules with these 2 Quinceañeras that I am in so I have practice Sunday-Tuesday and Thursdays so I will update most likely on Wednesdays ! But once the XV's are over I will try to update on Monday's and Friday's and sometimes Wednesday's.

Hope you enjoyed the first chapter and you got see a little bit of what's going on. I haven't picked out the cast but I will hopefully have them by the 3rd chapter !