Sin #19: Know Your Followers, Part 2 (The Revenge!)

You already know that you gotta know your followers. What you don't know, is that by knowing that you gotta know your followers, that doesn't give you the proper tools to know the people who know that they are your followers. You know?

  Woah, I'm getting a bad case of déjà vu over here.

   Okay, so I guess I'm starting to rehash old topics... but in this case, it seemed necessary. It was bad form to finger-wag those who don't engage with their followers, without even raising awareness for the most underrated utility in the Wattpadder's arsenal.

  What's this utility, I hear? Every multi-level marketer's dream: soulless, number-crunching statistics!

  Snooore. What else ya got?

  Not as exciting as 'follower death machine kill-bot', I get that. But this one is a whole other bag of sin; putting your content out there is only half the battle, the next part is analysing how well it has been received... and by whom.

  You can see your stats anytime my going into My Works, selecting your book and clicking on the Stats button. If you get lost, no one can ever help you.

  Wattpad Analytics is nothing new, although surprisingly few people are able to connect the dots. To show what conclusions can be drawn from a random pot, I'll be sharing the official numbers from this very book. Don't judge, though.

Overview

  This is the Overview, perhaps the only tab that needs no introduction

  This is the Overview, perhaps the only tab that needs no introduction. You've got your unique readers at the top (number of different people), total votes and comments. If you're scoring at least one or more unique readers every other day, then that's a good sign.

  Votes are the number of (gasp!) votes your story has received on a given day. Comments are the same, but both of these can uncover ongoing trends; specifically, which days of the week your story receives the most attention.

Engagement

  Here we can see 'Completed Reads by Part', which tells you the percentage of people who have read a specific chapter from start to finish

  Here we can see 'Completed Reads by Part', which tells you the percentage of people who have read a specific chapter from start to finish. Don't fret if this seems low, you're generally looking for anything upwards of 70% for a genuine novel.