X

TEN; BADASS CASS

"What the hell did you do this time?" Cassadee asked Edward as she approached the vampire, Seth next to her in his wolf form.

"Why do you assume I did something?" Edward questioned, not bothering to change his hurt expression as he stared at where Bella and Jacob disappeared to.

"Because you always do something." Cassadee pointed out with an eye roll.

"You can't do anything. I can, by going out there and killing something." Jacob said angrily.

"And no one pisses Jake off more than you." Cassadee finished before continuing to listen to the conversation.

"No! You're not thinking clearly! Don't do that!" Bella panicked.

"Maybe I'll get myself killed and make it simple for you." Jacob threatened.

Cassadee glared at Edward, her eyes would literally burn into his skull if possible. "He knows we're engaged." He admitted with a sigh.

"Jacob, just stay."

"Why?" Jacob challenged. "Give me one good reason."

"Because I don't want to lose you."

"That's not good enough."

"Because you're too important."

"Still not good enough."

"Kiss me. I'm asking you to kiss me."

"For the love of God, Bella." Cassadee sighed in annoyance as she crossed her arms over her chest. "Why did you have to fall in love with two problematic guys?" She rolled her eyes and began pacing around impatiently. "One coerces you to marry him and another coerces you to kiss him by threatening to kill himself. Unbelievable." She ranted out loud, her annoyance growing more and more by each second.

"I didn't coerce her." Edward defended himself.

"Save it for someone who is dumb enough for your bullshit." The Equalizer snapped as Bella made her way back to the two.

"You saw." Bella told Edward, the tension between them seeming more awkward than usual.

"Jacob's thoughts are pretty loud."

"I heard it loud and clear." Cassadee said before turning to Seth. "If I knew this was going to happen then we would've waited a few more minutes to leave."

"I guess your intuitive instincts aren't as good as you think." Edward muttered, resulting in a growl from Seth and a slap across the face from Cassadee that was just hard enough to send him to the ground.

"Do you want to be decapitated?" Cassadee questioned the vampire in irritation as he stood up. "Because I will do it without a second thought."

"Guys, stop!" Bella shouted in frustration, running her hands through her hair. "Edward, I think it's time for you to go."

Edward didn't say anything, he just kissed Bella's forehead before disappearing into the forest.

Cassadee closed her eyes and focused on trying to hear Jasper's voice. Even though the fight was happening miles away, the brunette could hear if she found a source of sound. Before the two went their separate ways that morning Jasper agreed to say when the fight was starting so that she could hear what was going on until Victoria reached her.

"It's starting, Cass." Jasper said, allowing Cassadee to focus on the area around him. "Victoria should be there soon. Be safe, I love you."

"I love you, too, Jasper." Cassadee replied, although she knew her fiancé most likely wouldn't hear. "The wolves are there." She told her sister after she heard growls. Her eyes shot open when she felt a threatening presence coming closer. "She's close. She knew we weren't there, but she caught my scent." Cassadee informed Bella as the younger Swan went behind Cassadee and grabbed her arm in fear. "Seth, go." The Equalizer told the werewolf.