Evan looks a little embarrassed and I poke him in the side causing him to glare at me.

Allie's face, however, goes so red that it could give the fleshy, organic tomatoes you get at Walmart these days a run for their color.

"I was just, you know, trying to relieve the sole of my foot from this annoying itch by rubbing it against your leg." She declares in a hushed up tone with a glare in her eye strictly warning me not to push it.

"Ah, sure." I say in a mock convinced tone before smirking at her and going back to my meal.

I whip out my phone and begin to text Allie, not too pleased to let this golden opportunity go.

Itch relieved yet? - Scar.

Seriously, piss off! It was just light hearted flirting; grow up you goof! -_- -Al.

Sure, sure. That's what they all say when they get caught.- Scar.

What you say makes no sense right now and I'm longer going to reply to your idiotic attempts at trying to make me feel awkward. - Al.

Allie glares at me from across the table once she's sent the text and I decide not to push my luck anymore.

"I'm done." I announce and push my plate away.

"Anyone interested in getting another round of champagne?" I ask around the table and Lauren immediately nods in agreement.

Smoothing the hem of her dress, she gets up from her seat and follows me.

"Why hasn't Emmett come yet?" I ask her; genuinely surprised at his absence.

"He got stuck at the garage. Elliot needed him for some help. He should be here in an hour or so." She says and I nod.

"How's it going with Seth?" I question once more as we reach the drinks counter and ask for a glass of champagne each.

"It's going great. I'm happier than I've been since Sophomore year and I'm sort of getting completely okay with this whole Emmett situation." She answers me, a real smile tugging at her lips.

"I'm glad you are." I reply, genuinely meaning it. She was so shattered when they broke up and it makes me so happy to see her with Seth.

Lauren and I return to our table to find Nathan, Evan and Allie all done with their food and ready to dance.

Once the music starts, Seth makes his way over from Grant's side and asks Lauren for a dance. She giggles happily before accepting and Seth's face lights up like he just caught a Bulbasour on Pokemon Go.

You'd have thought that the two of them dating would be a bit weird what with Seth being Adrian's half brother officially from today, but that's thankfully not the case.

Adrian manages not to take sides when the duo fight and Seth and Lauren on their part, do their best to not force her to do the same so as to keep things as un-awkward as possible.

Nathan tugs at the sleeve of my dress and motions toward the middle of the ground where all the couples are dancing.

I nod at him and he laces my hand in his before dragging me there. We start swaying lightly to the music and I rest my head against his chest.

He makes small circles on my back and we just dance with each other; the familiar sensation of touching each other overpowering our desire to communicate verbally.

"You ate like a pig, you know that right? Do you even have any room left over for dessert?" Nathan teases me, a smirk on his face.

"Nathan; there's always room for dessert. And why exactly were you looking at me instead of eating your food?" I retort.