Childhood friends

"Moving to America would be better than staying here with you." Was the last thing my best friend Ruby said before she flew to America to film Orange is the new black.1

"Maria come on." I yelled to my daughter as We were getting ready to go into town.

"Mommy I'm coming." She said and ran downstairs.

We got to town and I held her hand as we walked past my other friend Kevin as some girl had her arm around his shoulder

Holy shit that was Ruby.

"Hey Y/N. Hello Miss Maria." He said and bent down to see Maria only to have her at first back up into my thigh because she didn't know Ruby but then jumping on Kevin.

"Uncle Kevin!!" She yelled and I laughed. 

"Y/N." I heard and looked up to meet eyes with Ruby, "oh hello Ruby." I said harshly and Maria said, "mommy I'm hungry." As she wrapped her arms around my thigh.

"Let's go eat then. Bye Kevin, bye Ruby." I said and walked away grabbing Maria's hands.

"Wait Y/N." Ruby said as she ran over and grabbed my arm, "don't you have a girlfriend or fiancé to get to. I'm sure she's going to be so happy to find out that you've been talking to me. Even my daughter." I say and she looks down and I take that as a sign to walk away.

I get home and give Maria a bath,

"Wait here." I tell her as she is playing with her toys, I run to the door and theres Ruby standing there.

"What are you doing here?" I asked and she looked up. Her scarf made her outfit so perfect, made me realize how much I missed her.

"Come in." I say and she walks in.

"We need to talk." She says and I shake my head, "about what Ruby. You left, i let you because I thought that's what you wanted. You know I would do anything for you." I say as I pick up some toys that Maria left out.

"It was at the time. But I was worried about my ex fiancé that I didn't care about my best friend and it took me a couple years to realize something." She said and grabbed my hands.

"What are you talking about?" I ask and she pulls me closer,

"I... I never thought that I could feel this way, but it's you. It has always been you." She said, she took my silence as an opportunity to slam her lips onto mine.

"I never wanted to have a model, or an actress or a singer in my life to love. I wanted you and that's how it's always going to be." She said as she pulled away and kissed my forehead.

"Mommy!!" I hear and I pulled Ruby into the bathroom.

"Yes baby?" I ask and she reaches her arms out for me.

"I'm tired." She said and I grabbed her and wrapped her in a towel. 

She went to her room and got dressed, "Ruby your telling me this stuff but your leaving." I say as I walk to my room.

"Then we should give us a try and when it works you guys can move to America with me." She said and I sighed, "I guess Ruby." She smiled and hugged me.

"I'm going to sleep." I say and lay down.

"Well I'll see you later okay beautiful."

"Bye Ruby." I say and she leaves, I roll over in my bed and squeal,

"Best day ever." I whispered and fell asleep really fast.