Chapter 41: Confrontation

Confrontation

I was awoken the next morning by a soft kiss on my forehead. I opened my eyes slowly and looked up into Josh's face.

"Morning beautiful." He said and I smiled.

"Morning." I answered sleepily. "What time is it?"

"It's 5am. I'm going home to get ready for school. Go back to sleep. I'll be back to pick you up." He got up off my bed and began to get dressed.

"Josh." I called as I yawn.

"Mhm." He answered, shrugging on his pants.

"Last night was amazing." I said. He gave me a smile and walked over to the bed and kissed on my forehead again.

"Yes, it was." Was the last thing I heard before I fell back into a deep sleep.

*~*~*

As promised, Josh came back to pick me up for school. We reached the school's parking lot and got out. Josh intertwined our fingers and we walked to the school's main doors. We were walking down the hallway, when I saw my best friends. They looked at each other and grinned when they saw us.

"I see you guys worked things out." Stacy said.

"Yeah." Josh replied and looked at me. We both smiled at each other.

"I'm so glad to see you guys are back together." Sam exclaimed. "You guys are relationship goals."

"Yeah, team Joxie is back!" Stacy agreed.

"What?" I asked confused.

"Your ship name; Joxie." Stacy explained.

"You guys are crazy." I said and Josh chuckled.

"I think I like it." He said winking at me.

"Of course you do." I replied and he burst out laughing.

After he was finished laughing, he wrapped his arms around my waist and brought me closer. He kissed me sweetly before pulling back. "I'm going to class. See you later, babe."

"Bye." I said waving at him.

"Bye girls." He smiled at my friends.

"Bye Josh." They both said before he walked away down the corridor to his class.

"Let's go dress shopping after school tomorrow. I would go today, but Andrew is coming home late, so I have to pick Jason up from school." I said taking out my books from my locker.

"Hold up. Is Lexie suggesting we go shopping?" Stacy raised both eyebrows. I rolled my eyes at her.

"I don't have a dress to wear to the Christmas party on Friday, Stace. Plus, I know one of you was going to suggest it anyways." I replied closing my locker.

Stacy and Samantha laughed. "Okay, okay, you caught us. You know us too well." Stacy said.

"Yep. Now come along. Let's get to English class." I said walking away.

"Wait. What exactly happened?" Sam asked. I knew exactly what she was asking so I stopped and turned back around to face them.

"Erica happened." I answered.

"What do you mean?" Stacy asked. I told the girls the whole story as we walked to English class.

"I can't believe that girl." Stacy said as soon as I was finished. "When I see her, I'm going to give her a bitch slap." She ground out angrily.

"I'm with you, Stace. I'm going to rip her hair out." Sam added. I looked at her surprised. She must be really angry because Sam wasn't a violent person. She was more the quiet and conservative one.