It's all wrong.

Eric smiled faintly as he looked around at his surroundings. He knew he was dead. He was standing in only what he could imagine was heaven. He was standing in a large field of flowers, the sky was a vibrant blue that seemed to glow. It was seemingly perfect. Although, it was missing one thing. His beloved Alan. Eric had always imagined meeting Alan in the afterlife. He dreaded the thought that that wouldn't happen. He continued to look around, he could feel his heart sink. His surroundings were only flowers, grass, and the sky. There was no Alan. This couldn't be happening. Heaven was said to be perfect! It would be perfect but it is missing one drastic detail. Alan!

Eric felt as if he was dying all over again. It's all wrong. He was so ecstatic to have finished his work as a reaper and now he is cursing himself for thinking anything good could come from death. Of course if anyone would know that death is horrid it would be him! Eric! He was a grim reaper. He experienced death every day. The sadness, pain, and horror he saw people experience as he worked. He never thought anything of it. He always ignored it and went on with his work.

The Scotsman felt tears welling up in his eyes. He felt terrible. Not only for himself but for Alan-- Alan had been all alone for years. Alone in death.

"A...Alan..." He said quietly. "Where are you...?"