Chapter 5

Aya: Hello everyone~ So I'm finally back with a chapter after so long... please don't kill me! I'm typing the story. So relax, ok? I've fixed the previous chapters, added a few details, erased a few things. So if you all want better-than-before (even of it just a bit better) chapters then I recommend you to re-read my story.

Continue!

Japan. Location: Namimori's police station - private room.

"I... work for the mafia."

A long pause of hesitation, the room froze with dense tension poured in, flooded the room. Iemitsu took in a deep breath, gathered up all of his courage. How irony that one of the most fearsome and powerful men in the underworld felt helpless in front of his own children. Swallowed the thick lump blocking his pipe down his throat, he continued:

"Those men who were after you... who had killed Nana and kidnapped Tsuna, they were the members of an enemy famiglia... The Estraneo.

They are the famiglia that... experiment on children. They have and still continue to do filthy works. They are cruel and a power hunger. They would do anything to have power to restore their famiglia's name... even experiment on their own children, and kidnapped many other children."

Shocked and horror made their way up the twins' faces. They hugged each other closer and million thoughts raced through their minds, worried for their dear, beloved brother.

Iemitsu looked contorted with as much worried and distressed as the twins. But he also felt rage, enrage. He was beyond livid at those bastards had kidnapped his son and cause his dear wife's death.

"I'm the leader of CEDEF- Consulenza Esterna Della Famiglia, or External Advisor of the Family. I am the holder of the second power throughout the Vongola famiglia- the most powerful mafia famiglia in the underground world... And Estraneo's number one enemy. They see Vongola as a thorn in their eyes that need to get rid of because they hate many other mafia famiglia since we persecuted them for their sin and envy of the powers Vongola hold.

Because of me, they are after you. That's why I kept my real job as a secret. Because I want to keep you all safe, I kept your identities hidden. That's why I'm rarely home, so that no one would targeting you. I thought you were safe here. But I was wrong. Deadly wrong. And now to pay for my mistake. I lost your mother- the only true love of my life and they've captured your brother.

I'm sorry. I'm so so sorry Yana, Hime. I don't deserve your forgiveness. I could never face Nana when I meet her again.

I can't as for forgiveness, but I ask you for a chance of redemption.

I will save Tsuna no matter what and I will protect you all this time. No more mistake. Never again! If I died, I'll die for you to be safe. This time, I vow to never let anything happen to you again.

Will you give me a chance to make things right, Yana, Hime?"

Silent filled the whole private room and no word uttered from the pair of twins throughout Iemitsu's confession/ exclamation.

Stunned, shocked, angry, sad, frustrated, pained, confused,... so many negative emotions swiftly mix together into a whirlpool of emotions, pulling and sinking them down to that dense, bottomless and suffocating water vortex. They felt hurt and betrayed the most.