Chapter 10

Chapter 10

Louis didn’t think he could ever get used to waking up entangled with Harry Styles. The first dawning realisation he had upon waking was how utterly content he felt. There was no pressing need to get up and do something, none of the bleariness that he associated with getting too little sleep; just warm limbs and curly strands of hair brushing against Louis’ neck and the slow thump of a heartbeat at his back. It wasn’t the first time he had woken up with Harry in his bed; it had happened more than once due simply to the sheer amount of times they had fucked and then collapsed in a sleepy haze afterwards. But that morning was the first time they had curled around each other, the first time Harry’s arms had wrapped around his waist and held tightly to him. The first time Louis could lie there and just breathe, happy to sink into that warm, peaceful oblivion that Harry unconsciously offered. 

It didn’t last long; Louis guessed only about five minutes until Harry began to murmur sleepily, the sound vibrating where his lips pressed to Louis’ skin and sending a shiver down his spine. Harry’s long fingers clenched around his waist and he somehow managed to pull him even closer, burying his nose into the curve of Louis’ neck and sighing. 

‘Harry?’ Louis asked tentatively. If he was quite honest, he was kind of expecting Harry to pull away. They had become close throughout the past few weeks but that didn’t mean that the other boy was particularly keen on cuddling. In fact, Louis wasn’t sure what his opinion was on cuddling at all. This worry was put to rest when he made to roll out of Harry’s embrace but the other boy groaned a little and held steadfast, limbs curling tightly around Louis’ body like some sort of handsy octopus. 

‘Harry,’ He repeated, louder this time. 

‘Mmm.’ 

‘I can’t move.’

‘That was the plan,’ Harry mumbled against his skin, voice rough with sleep. ‘Lou…’

Louis waited for him to continue, but the younger boy had trailed off into silence. ‘Yes?’ He prompted.

Harry only made another sleepy sound and Louis sighed. 

‘Alright, just let me – Harry, unhand me, I’m not going anywhere just – there.’ With no small amount of effort he manoeuvred around in Harry’s arms in order to roll over to face the boy. Green eyes blinked blearily at him, startling close to his face, but there was amusement sparkling in their depths too.  

He slung one leg over Louis’ as his hand skimmed up the bare skin of Louis’ side to span his ribcage.

‘Hi.’ 

Louis would be lying if he claimed that the way Harry’s voice sounded in the morning, all hoarse and gravelly, didn’t affect him. He suppressed another shiver. 

‘You’re very clingy this morning,’ Louis observed, one hand coming up to curl around Harry’s hip as he ignored the way his stomach was flip-flopping.

A small smile curved those pink lips for a moment before he blinked a few more times, eyes becoming a little clearer, more alert, and the smile died a little. Harry hesitated.

‘Is this… okay? I mean, last night, I didn’t really think about it I just sort of…’

‘No, no, it’s fine.’ Louis was quick to reassure him. 

‘I wasn’t sure if it was okay if I used the key but I figured you’d be asleep anyway-’

‘Harry,’ he cut him off, voice firm, ‘I wouldn’t have given it to you if I didn’t want you to use it. Besides… this isn’t, you know, terrible.’