Someday

MAYA'S POV

I remember that the promise Josh and I made at the ski lodge freshmen year gave me so much hope. Hope for a future with Josh, and hope that I could be truly loved by someone.

And not the love of friendship that Riley gave me, or the lovingness of my parents, or even the sense of home Cory and Topanga gave me.
I wanted a can't sleep, can't eat, and a can't breathe without you love. And that's exactly what I got.

Josh and I had such a whirlwind romance, that if it were a book you would never be able to put it down. Everyday was a new chapter in our fairytale. I felt for him so deeply that sometimes I'd just show up at his door in the middle of the night.
And it's quite amusing because
that's how we became an item.

__________________________________
MAYA'S POV
SOPHOMORE YEAR FLASHBACK

I couldn't take anymore. I'm sick and tired of Riley blowing me off for Lucas. I understood the first few months they were together, because if it wasn't for me they would've been together longer, but now it's just pathetic. And everyone else in the group has someone. Farkle has Smackle. Zay did promise me that he would keep me company, but that all changed when he got a girlfriend.

I needed to feel wanted. I needed to feel loved. And in the pouring rain I ran to the one person who could give me that.

I didn't care what weather it was, I was going to get to my partner in the long game. I never talked to Riley about our deal because, I wanted to have something to keep to myself. I wanted him to be something I hid in my heart, for my darkest moments. He was my little secret, and even though its incredibly selfish of me to think of him as that, I can't think of anything else more accurate.

As I approach the dorm room door, I do a quick check of myself. Who I see in the mirror is a girl with a broken smile, hair drenched in rain, and mascara dripping down her face from tears. I almost turned around right then. But then again, when have I ever given a shit about what someone thinks?

I knock on the door and as soon as hear the sound of footsteps, I get nervous again. But all my doubts get washed away as soon as I lay eyes on the blue-eyed masterpiece in front of me.

"Oh my god, Maya! Are you okay! Let me get you a blanket," says Josh hurriedly.

"Wait, Josh, I came here to say something and I really want to say it before anything else happens," he nods unsurely and I continue.

"When I was a little girl, I would read stories about princesses and how they would always be rescued by the prince. I thought that was a shitty and stereotypical ending. And it's ironic because here I am asking you to save me," Josh starts to say something but I put my finger to his lips.

"I'm almost done I promise," he ushers me to go on.

"And I know it's unfair of me to always count on you to have time for me but, I need you right now. I need your smile. Your touch. Your light that you bring wherever you go. I need you and I don't think I ever won't. And I know you've been out here living up the college life and I'm just an obstacle for you..."

And in that moment Joshua Gabriel Matthews smashed his lips to mine for our first kiss. It was full of fire and passion and the unspoken promise for many more.

He didn't have to say anything but he did.

"Maya Penelope Hart, I need you, and I never want you thinking otherwise. Yes, I have been out on dates with other girls. But the problem is, they're not you, Maya! And I only want you! Nobody compares to you. I want to save you. I want you to want me. I want you to need me. And even though I'm going to save you tonight, I can't wait for when you get to save me." At this point I'm smiling so hard my teeth hurt.

"You know what, fuck someday and the long game or whatever we have going on," I say heatedly.

"Wait, are you saying we should be together now? What would our families think, Maya?" Josh asks concerned.

"They don't have to know! We can do it Josh, I just know we can," I look at him pleadingly.

"You're crazy, Hart. But I'm crazy about you, so okay. I'm with you now, right where I should be," I hugged him tighter than ever before.

"Fuck someday?"

"Fuck someday, let's love now."
__________________________________
JOSH'S POV
STILL IN FLASHBACK

I opened my heart to the shattered girl I saw in front of me. And that was the best fucking decision I have ever made.

I woke up the morning after we made yet another deal, to the gorgeous blonde wrapped up in my arms. Mine. She's all mine now.
I couldn't believe my luck. who would've thought that the world would be kind enough to make sure that the girl in my arms right now, wandered in to my life.

She hit me like a ton of bricks. As soon as I laid eyes on her, I had an urge to be close to her. I thought it was just a phase, after all it's perfectly normal for a teenage boy to be attracted to a girl.

But as the years went on, my feelings for her never dimmed, they only got more intense. And as I continued to get to know the fierce blonde with the greatest capacity for love I have ever seen, I wondered why she stuck with me when she could have had anyone else.

She made me happy, and I've never felt more deeply for someone in my whole life. She crashed my walls down and took my heart.

But, I wouldn't have it any other way.

__________________________________
JOSH'S POV
PRESENT TIME

As I woke up to the blaring sound of my alarm clock, I groaned as I got up to prepare for class. A certain blonde never leaving my mind, no matter how much I want her to.

Classes flew by and as I was walking out, I noticed a sign that said,'PARTY AT THE DECKLIN HOUSE TONIGHT @10!'

The Decklins are the richest family on campus and their son was in my class. He occasionally threw huge parties when his parents were out of town.

As I mentally almost forget about the party, an idea pops into my mind.

I pull out my phone and text the one person who's had my heart since I was 16.

Josh: would u like to go to the decklin party w/ me tonight? it's @ 10

As I press the send button and almost immediately regret what I just did, my phone buzzes.

Maya😍: I'd love to. Wanna meet up an hour before at my place?

My heart is pounding faster than the speed of light right now. But somehow I manage to respond.

Josh: Sounds great! See you soon gorgeous 😉

Maya😍: Can't wait, boing.

For the first time in awhile things are starting to look up. And I know that's all because of the girl who somehow manages to be my everything.
__________________________________
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

THERE YA GO GUYS!!!! HOLY FUCK SKI LODGE WAS MY WHOLE FUCKIN WORLD AND GM BEAR SO FAR HAS BEEN AMAZING JOSH IS TOO DAMN CUTE AND IM SORRY FOR THE SHIT LONG WAIT GUYS!!!! I PROMISE ILL TRY TO UPDATE MORE💗💗💗💗 ily u all
stay beautiful xoxo