Eyes On You MAYA'S POV

I wake up to the blinding sunlight that shining through my windows.
Another day, or as I like to call it, another 24 hours thinking about Josh.

What can I say? He's always captivated me. And yes, everybody always looked at my feelings as a 'cliche school girl crush' and I absolutely hated that. It degraded my feelings and made me feel insignificant. I didn't even believe Josh could ever feel anything towards me until that one fateful day in the ski lodge.

FLASHBACK TO SKI LODGE FRESHMEN YEAR

As soon as I walked in to the cabin with the strong rustic feel, I knew that everything was going to change. But, I didn't understand why until I saw that face that was oh-so familiar.

I am not going to lie, I was freaking out on the inside. I can't believe I forgot about Josh! This maybe could've stopped the whole triangle from ever happening, but that would only work if Josh ever liked me.

I decide not to approach him, cause frankly, what would I say? A day passes by and as I walk downstairs with my whole class I see something unexpected, Riley with the mountain boy.

It was when Lucas got jealous of Evan, I knew who he needed to be with. Before I could talk to Lucas though, I needed to talk to someone else.

After the mountain boy made us play the "Who You Should Be With" game, did I finally lose my patience.

"I'm done playing games, I need to talk to you," I hurriedly say as I grab the one-and-only Joshua Matthews.

I grab his hand and drag him over to the Mount Sun Lodge Bay Window.

"Alright, what do you know?" I say tired of waiting for the truth.

"Are you sure you're ready?"Josh says.

"Tell me, right now."

"Even if it's bad for me?"

"Right now."

And then Joshua Matthews proceeds to blow my mind. He talks about how I have the greatest capacity to love. He tells me why I never really liked Lucas, and everything makes sense. When I'm with him everything makes sense.

"Josh, at the beginning you said this was going to be a bad thing for you. How?" I ask curiously.

"Now that you're you again, and you don't like Lucas...." he trails off.

And suddenly a light bulb goes off.

"Because the most important thing in a relationship is conversation, and we just had another amazing one."

He smirks and looks down at his feet embarrassed.

"Josh?" I ask.

"What?"

"Why have you let me hold into your hand this entire time?" I ask while smiling.

I hold our entwined hands up for the whole world to see when he says,"I don't know. I don't know everything."

END OF FLASHBACK
__________________________________

JOSH'S POV

I'm out on my morning run when I feel my phone buzz in my pocket.

Maya😍: Hey Josh I'm up and I was wondering if you wanted to grab some coffee rn

Coffee with Maya Hart, hell yeah!

Josh: of course I would ms. hart, anything for you😉

Oh god, I sound way to excited. What if she cancels? Dammit! I'm such an idiot.

Suddenly my phone buzzes.

Maya😍: sounds great! So excited see you soon 😃

As I try to regroup myself, I start to walk to the nearest Starbucks. I stop dead in my tracks as soon as I see her. Except she's not alone.
Lucas is right next to her laughing at something she said. As I try to disguise what may appear to be a broken face, I walk towards them.

Maya stops talking and her face instantly lights up when she sees me.

"Josh, hey! Look who I found,"the beautiful girl in front of me gestures to Lucas.

I give Lucas a polite handshake and we exchange a few words. Tensions have been high between us after the ski lodge. Ever since Maya ended the triangle because of me, Lucas has always been quite distant from me.

"Well, I better get home to my friends house, it was great seeing you again Maya," says Lucas with a thick country accent. Texas sure did change him.

With a quick wink towards Maya, and a slight nod towards me, he leaves.

Maya and I exchange small talk, while drinking coffee. She tells me how she ran into Lucas, and everything they talked about.
And honestly, after all this time it still pained me to see her with another boy. I know that's extremely unfair of me, but I can't help what I feel.

Soon enough our time together is over, and as I walk down the campus in my head I imagine the first time I knew I liked Maya Hart.

FLASHBACK TO SKI LODGE
FRESHMEN YEAR
JOSH'S POV

"What do you want?" Maya says sarcastically as I take a seat next to her on the fireplace.

"This is it," I think to myself. All these years of ignoring my feelings for her and brushing off the intense moments that we've shared are over.

"Oh, me? I was just standing over there, and watching all that happen," I say gesturing to her and the spot where Lucas was previously sitting.

"Yeah, we get it you watch stuff," she says and I chuckle. "Well, what'd you think?"

I move over and sit close to her. I know both of us are going to remember this moment forever.

I told her that I needed her in my life, that a few years shouldn't stop us from having a connection.

"You once said you were playing the long game," I say ready for the next moment.

I never could fully anticipate what Maya Hart said next.

"I like you Josh, it's you I like."

A million emotions ran through my body. She still likes me. And in that moment I finally accepted the truth.
I've liked Maya Hart since I called her gorgeous two years ago. And that's what I tell her.

"I like you too," I say and she gives me a face filled with such hope it makes me like her even more.

Then we talk about how we don't want to live without each other, so we make a deal. We'll live our lives knowing the other is out there.
We shake on it with two words that mean so much.

"Someday?"

"Someday."
__________________________________
PRESENT TIME
JOSH'S POV

That day changed everything. Not a day went by where I didn't think of Maya. And I remember always thinking about when someday would come.

Because who knows. Maybe someday would be our always.
_________________________________
A/N
OML GUYS I FINALLY UPDATED YAYYYY😄😄💚💚💜 SKI LODGE WAS FUCKING EVERYTHING IM STILL DYING anyway had to put that tfios reference in there😉 guys thank u soooo much for almost getting this story to 1K that's so freakin amazing!!!! I love you all!
Stay beautiful xx