Do You Remember? MAYA'S POV

I wake up the next day from a dream of me and Josh. Damn, I can't get him out of my head. All it took was one look, and I was back in junior year of high school.

I remember everything so vividly. When I was with Josh life seemed brighter. I felt happy when I woke up and I looked forward to tomorrow. All because I could see Josh's gorgeous face in the morning. And yes, high school sucked. But as long as I had him, my life was good.

Until senior year of course. Then my whole world fell apart. I heard that Josh was reckless after the breakup. Partying, drinking, smoking, and hooking up with a different girl each night. No rules. No commitment. No strings attached.

And that killed me. He was so perfect and we had our whole future together. And yes, I'm still a little mad about the whole, 'sleeping with another girl thing', but I realized my life was hell without him. What is life worth anyway when you don't have anything that matters?

And no, we weren't perfect. Nobody ever is. But he gave me something to fight for. Something to hope for. I remember how he would always get jealous when a guy would talk to me. As much as I hate to admit it, I loved the way he was so protective.
FLASHBACK JUNIOR YEAR MAYA'S POV

"Do I seriously have to go to this club with you?' I said whiningly. "You know I hate clubs."

And it was true, I did hate clubs. The loud music and grinding drunk bodies weren't exactly my thing.

"Don't worry babe, it'll be loads of fun," my ever so perfect boyfriend said.

So we walked in hand-in-hand and everything was alright. Then, Josh went to the bathroom and things started going south.

Then the guys started coming over. They were all attractive and looked about twenty-three years old. They offered me drinks but I declined saying I had a boyfriend.

"I don't see him," the leader of the group said.

As I was about to ever-so-politely kick him in the balls, he started touching me. I tried to get away, but with no luck. Why is everybody always so damn strong?

As I was about to give up, I hear the voice that is always there for me when I need it.

"I'm going to give you ten seconds to get your hands off my girl," Josh said. His words were calm but I could tell he was fuming. Fuming because I was being touched by someone that wasn't him.

And that lit a fire so bright inside of me, it was dangerous. And even though that's wrong, I loved it.

JOSH'S POV (still in flashback)

I come out of the restroom and what do I see? A older guy touching her. Touching what's mine. Every single inch of her body is mine and not his. He isn't me, so therefore he shouldn't even be looking at her.

And that made me so freakin mad.
I wanted to kill him. He was hurting my princess and that's not okay. I would kill him.

But then I thought of Maya. How she'd want me to handle the situation. So I tried to act calmly.
"I'm going to give you ten seconds to get your hands off my girl."

"Or what?" the asshole said back, smirking. One. I smiled at him. Two. He seemed confused by my sudden mood change. Three. Four.
Soon after I'm done with him he'll get why I'm smiling right now. Five. Six. Maya is mine. And only mine. Seven. Eight. Get ready you shitbag, you just messed with the one thing that is more important that my life. Nine. Her.

Ten. No more Mr. Nice Guy. I lunged at the douche bag and started throwing punches left and right. After a while, I grabbed Maya's hand and bolted.

"Thank you, Josh. You always seem to save me." Maya said as her voice quivered.

MAYA'S POV(still in flashback)

"Maya, I'll always be there to save you. You're mine and nobody else can touch you like me. We are one. I am you and you are me. You are with me everywhere I go, and I am with you everywhere you go. And even if we are a million miles apart, I'll always be with you."

And with those unsettling words, Joshua Mathew grabbed my face and kissed me full on the lips.

END OF FLASHBACK
MAYA'S POV

All these memories, I keep reliving them. We were so perfect together. We were the couple in the movie that you just sat back and said,"They just belong together. I don't know how or why, but they just do."

And I couldn't think of anything else to say about how we found each other. Me, the broken girl with too many scars looking for someone to mend them, and him, a lost boy looking for someone to find him.

He mended me and I found him.
The broken girl and the lost boy. Two imperfect people brought together to make something so beautiful and raw, even strangers could tell how madly we loved each other.

And that's what we forever are.
The broken girl and the lost boy.

AUTHORS NOTE
HIII IM SOO SORRY FOR TAKING SO LONG😁😁BUT I REALLY LIKE THIS CHAPTER AND I HOPE YOU DO TOO💜💜🔥🔥 COMMENT FAV AND FOLLOW LOVE YOU ALL💕💕💕💫