¦TW❤¦

"(Y/n)," her father began, "today is an important day for you."

The girl sat on the floor, Indian-style. "Why's that?" she mocked in a playful tone.

"(Y/n), get off the floor," her mother hissed. (Y/n) got off the floor lazily.

The king cleared his throat and continued, "Your mother and I have decided since you're already seventeen years of age, you should learn what ruling is like."

(Y/n) yawned again, but she tried to make it sound obnoxious. "So basically, you want me to experience Hell before I have to live through it? That's... somewhat thoughtful of you."

The two before the girl gave her an irritated look. "(Y/n), we never thought we would interact with other planets. But your behavior is not acceptable for the throne. So here are instructions;

you are not act to the way you did just now when you meet the Empress of Vers. You are also to find a spouse for the throne-"

"Whoa, whoa! Let's not rush anything now. I'm supposed to be your marionette now? I have no say in this what-so-ever?" (Y/n) snapped.

Her mother sighed. "Darling, you rejected everyone else. If you actually found someone you loved on Mars, then we don't have to make an arranged marriage. You just need to trust those people over there."

"You say that as if they're snakes, mother. I refuse to be your puppet, making me do the things you want. What if I don't want the throne? Ever considered that?" she retorted.

Her father stood up from his throne and threatened her, "(Y/n) Pheodoria (L/n), if you don't do this, I will make your life a living Hell. Talk to us again like that and there will be serious consequences."

The girl put on a scared expression as she was taken aback by her father's new behavior. She mumbled 'fine'.

Her mother smiled and said, "Perfect. Now go pack up, they'll be coming to get you sometime today."

The girl curtsied as she is supposed to do before going back to her room.

Right on the side of her door was Arturus. He spoke, "I have put all the things you'll be needing as well as a new outfit from Her Majesty. I'll leave you to ready yourself for their arrival, My Lady."

(Y/n)'s PoV

Arie left me at the door of my room. He was a polite one, putting me first, always being at my side, denying my requests to call me by my first name because it's "too informal." I respect him like that, he is very loyal and has never complained about anything. But I know there's always something behind that genuine smile. He's been like that ever since I met him, ten years ago.

I sighed and entered my room. I closed the door behind me and stopped in front of a cream-coloured dress. I had to admit it was beautiful, but wasn't it too much?

Knock, knock. "Princess (Y/n)? May come in to help with your readying?"

"Of course, Noelene!" I responded as Noelene came into my room, closing the door softly.

〰♦〰

(Outfit-picture at top)

I looked at myself in the mirrors of the mirror room. I came here often to be alone sometimes. Only Arie knows I do this, which is reasonable.

My face was sad, which is as well reasonable. I'm leaving home. I gripped the cream-coloured journal I had in my right hand tight.

"Are you all ready, My Lady?"

My Lady... I smiled and turned to see Arie. I nodded and accepted his arm he held out.

I rested my head on his upper arm because he is taller than me.

We walked to the outside where everyone was.

Mother and Father were in the center on the left while on the right, there were men in red coats.

One approached me and Arie. Arie took his arm away from me. I front of me was a boy about my age, with white hair and blue-green eyes.

He bowed before me.

"I am Lord Slaine Troyard here to escort you to the Vers Empire."