11

( christine )

Irritation. The only nice word I could think of to describe what I was feeling . I had been ready to leave the Basara household after being there for more than two hours of nothing! The whole time I was here Lucas only stared at me and asked me weird questions. Only good thing out of this whole visit was Louis showing me an app called Snapchat before he left, but before he left he tried multiple of times to get Elina's number from me knowing I wouldn't give it to him. Majority of the time played around with the app and ignored Lucas.

"Ignoring me sweetheart will not help the situation."

Did the guy ever shut up? Why did we have to be talking to each other every dang minute!

"Not ignoring you, just letting you do most of the talking."

I guess my sassy comeback irritated him because before I knew it I was lifted from my seat and I was now standing with my back to the wall with a very angry looking Lucas. I wouldn't complain about the position honestly, one of his hands pressed into my waist while the other rested beside my head. His body was touching mine and there was absolutely no space in between.
We both didn't say a word, only stared at each other and listen to the other breathe.
The ringing of my phone broke our trance. It was Dad, calling to say he had arrived.

"I-I- uh gotta go."

Quickly exiting the room I bid my goodbyes and made my way outside to the car Dad waited in.

"How was your visit?"

Dad asked once I was in the car. I gave him a light smile and thumbs up. In all honesty the visit was interesting, I thought it was boring, but the little things got me thinking. I needed some dirt on the Basara family because something was weird.

"I hope you're still not upset about being forced to go."

I snapped myself out of my thoughts and forced a smile on my face telling Dad it was no problem. I wasn't upset about going anymore, I really just wanted to figure out what was up with that family.

Is everyone in this house crazy?! I couldn't catch a wink of sleep because of the yelling coming from the study. Exiting my room and going downstairs I was surprised by two things. One, it was morning, how long did I sleep. Two, the entire Basara family sat in the common room. I just saw them yesterday why are they here, also why did I have to past the common room in order to get to the study. Did I really have to go to the study? No, so I'm going to take my black behind back upstairs.

"Christine? Oh morning dear!"

Right as I turned my heel God gone decide to get me.

"Hi! Morning, how are you Mrs. Basara?"

I smiled a little too wide as I turned back around to see the smiling face of Mrs. Basara and the rest of the Basara family looking at me.

"Fine my dear, are you just waking up?"

"Do you know if your parents will be down anytime soon?"

"Is Lilah awake?"

"Do you know where Elina is?"

They all started blasting questions at me and I couldn't even have a second to breath because it was question after question.

"Dios mío, por favor, más despacio!" [My God, please slow down!]

I exclaim raising up my hand to silence them. Once it was quite I walked across the common room, ripping open the door to the study. Only to find Lilah hiding behind Dad and Mrs. Rose glaring at the both of them.

"Obtener más de lo que su loco por venir y ser anfitrión responsable! ¿No puedes esperar hasta que se hayan ido !!" [Get over whatever your mad about and come be responsible host! Can't you wait until they're gone!!]

This made all three of them noticed me. Lilah ran into my arms, Dad looked irritated, and Mrs. Rose only glared at me. At this point her glares were nothing to me and I only pointed in the direction of the family waiting in the common room, before walking away with Lilah on my hip.

"Lilah will be right back after she showers and gets dressed."

I politely excused us returning upstairs to Lilah's room to bathe her.

"Mi amor, get undressed please while I run the water."

Minutes later Lilah was bathed and dressed.

So I took her to my room, putting on Sofia the First and handing her the bear she carried around while I went to shower

Once dressed and showered I brought Lilah downstairs to eat. In the kitchen I sat her on one of the bar stools and got to cooking. I made her a plate of eggs and toast with jelly since that's what she wanted. While she ate I did her hair. Parting her hair in the middle I gave her two cornrows. After her hair I let her leave the kitchen to play with Helen and Heidi. I didn't follow her behind I stayed in the kitchen and washed the dishes I used.

"Hiding in the kitchen? Now that's a childish move don't you think."

I felt a body come from behind me, wrapping their arm around my waist. It didn't take rocket science to figure who it was, but I turned to see Lucas smirking at me.

"Hiding? No I'm washing the dishes I used."

His eyes danced with amusement as I told him my answer. Before he could speak a throat clearing behind us both got our attention, it was Dad.

"Hands off, now."

He's command quickly made Lucas's hand disappear from my body. Lucas mumbled out a quick apology stepping away from me. Dad only came in between us to hug me, saying good morning. Though he never took his eyes off Lucas. Oh boy.