5

( christine )

"Oi! Fácil con los puños locos." [Oi! Easy with the cuffs crazy.]

The police man gave me an irritated look as he removed the cuffs from my wrists and stepped aside, letting me out of the cell. On the other side of the cell stood Mr. & Mrs. Rose, they both looked tried, but Mrs. Rose looked more annoyed. I just shrugged my shoulders walking past them.

"Look at her Hamilton, she doesn't even care!"

I laughed seeing her irritation with me, it's honestly amused me that she'd actually think I'd listen to either one of them.
I only ended up in the cell because I didn't return at nightfall, so they sent out the whole police force to find me.
Mr. Rose sighed running a hand through his hair, he looked the worst out of the duo. The bags under his eyes proved it.

"Christine. Por favor, no deje que esta pareja sufrir más." [Christine. Please do not let this couple suffer any longer.]

Señor Luis came from one of the rooms looking at me with pleading eyes.

"Esta no es la forma más lejana enseñado o abuela." [This is not how Farther taught you or Grandmother.]

I crossed my hands over my chest slumping down in my seat. I didn't look at anyone in the room, though all eyes were on me. Yes I was trying to rebel, in hope Mr. Rose and his wife would leave Puerto Rico without me, but as you see that didn't work.

"Well thank Señor Luis and police officers, we'll be taking our daughter now-"

"I'm not your daughter."

I kept my eyes straight ahead not caring that Mrs. Rose was burning a hole in the side of my face, but I could also feel the discomfort in the room rise.

"Sorry once again. We will be taking Ms. Christine back to our hotel now."

Now this time I stood up and walked out of the station not caring if they followed out after me or not.

It was probably four in the morning when a cleaning maid woke me up. She told me she was sent to get me ready and down to the lobby.
While I got showered I tired my hardest not to fall asleep while I rinsed my body, brushed my teeth, and put lotion my body. As I finished up I walked out of the room greeted by the same maid, but this time she had some clothing in her hand. I looked it over seeing the pale pink silk top paired with white jeans and quickly walked by her grabbing my dark jeans and black v-neck.

I changed into my clothing and slipped on my combat boots before walking out the door. I slung the small duffle bag, containing my only valuable items, over my shoulders and walked into the lobby area where stood Mr. & Mrs. Rose. They were both dressed all fancy like they were about to walk onto the red carpet. Once both eyes were on me I was met by the disapproving eyes of Mr. Rose and the raged filled eyes of Mrs. Rose.

"I'm not changing, so don't ask."

I quickly shut the both of them down so they couldn't protest against my choice of clothing. We were going on a plane anyway, why'd I have to dress up.

"Hamilton tell her now!"

Mrs. Rose was baring her teeth at me like a dog would and a vain on her forehead looked as if it were to pop any second. She needed to get that checked.

"Sweetheart-"

"It's Christine."

Just yesterday he was rude to me, but now he wanted to be all sweet with me. Oh hell no.

"Marie I'll take Christine through the back with me and you deal with the press."

He signaled for me to follow him as he walked to the back of the hotel.

"Christine I'd like to apologize for my actions towards you. Especially since you are in a tough situation."

I keep my eyes on the path ahead of me, not saying a word.

"But I must explain, that my family is a very important family in America and what I was trying to explain to you was that a there is bigger problem on our hands."

"Our?"

"Yes, ours. I adopted you and you are my child now, so every problem you have will be mine also."

Some people would've seen this as a simple kind gesture, but no this was more than just words to me. I lost my mom six years ago and on the night she was killed I lost a feeling, but that feeling was suddenly rushing back to me.