chapter seventeen

I woke up in a dark room and immediately started to panic. "Mario! MARIO WHERE ARE YOU? MARIO!" I started crying as I was calling for him. "SKYLAR! ARE YOU OKAY?!" I heard Mario yell. it sounded like he was near me, but his voice was still a bit muffled. I felt around me to get a feel for my surroundings. I found something round and heavy on the floor next to me. I picked it up and realized that it was a flashlight. I clicked the light on and shined it all around me so I could see where I was. "Mario, I found a flashlight. I think we......I think we're in some sort of cell." I said. "I found one too, walk over to the door." I got up and walked to the door slowly. I shined the light until I saw a hand. "AHH!" I screamed. "shh, it's okay. that's me. see look," Mario whispered. he pointed to a birthmark he had on his hand so I would know it was him. "okay, now where the hell are we?!" I started to panic. I felt in my pocket for my phone. "Mario, I still have my phone. I'm gonna call mom." I whispered, afraid that whoever took us might hear me. the phone rang and my mom didn't pick up. I tried Mama Jara; no answer. Julian; no answer. finally Jovani picked up. "hello?" "hey! it's Sky. me and Mario were at the park and somebody put bags over our heads and we fell backwards and now we have no idea where we are!" "woahwoahwoah, slow down Skylar. so you were like...kidnapped?" "I guess, yeah. I'll send you my location. please Jovani. I'm freaking out. I don't know where we are and there's a wall separating me and Mario. I don't know who took us and I don't feel safe at all." I started crying again. "okay, send me your location and me and Julian will come get you guys." "okay, thank you Jovani." then he hung up.