|Twenty-Four| Change Happens

"People don't become gay, lesbian or bisex. People are just falling in love with other people."
-Calum Hood

Dedicated to- EVERYONE, thanks for reading!

~Chesney's Pov~
"Well guys, I did it. I know, I know, you're sad and all but don't be! I'm finally happy. Sure, money always made me happy and you guys were the best friends a guy could ever ask for, but really, my life was going nowhere," Calixto paused and took a staggered breath as a small tear trailed it's way down his ashen cheek. I smiled softly at him and wiped the tear away, making him weakly return the smile.

"Hey Cal, buddy, if you can't finish it dude, it's fine," Drew consoled from his position, leaning against the wall he punched just moments before, and Calixto sniffed, glancing down at the note he was currently twiddling between his shaky fingers.

"Nah, I got this," he said reassuringly and I rubbed his arm softly, trying to soothe his nerves. He grabbed my arm and pulled me against his chest, tucking me securely underneath his chin as his arms wrapped tightly around my waist. I simply relaxed in his hold and let him use my body as his own personal safety blanket, fully understanding that he needed this contact.

"My addiction was too much for me, for us, to bare. I couldn't leave that burden on you all any more. It wasn't fair to you. I do, in fact, have some things to admit though. My addiction caused me to do some crazy things. First off, I'm sorry to everyone for increasing the rent so much. Wyatt would always up the price on the drugs monthly and I needed the money, it wasn't right but I still did it. Chesney, I'm sorry for destroying your book. I had to get Blaise out of the house because you paid and he didn't, he would've drove you away eventually. Also I knew I'd get more money out of you in the long run. Kid you're just too giving," Calixto read, eliciting small chuckles from everyone in the room whilst I blushed a light shade of pink, thoroughly embarrassed with the amount of truthfulness in that statement. I smiled apologetically at the freshly bandaged Blaise and he waved it off dismissively, shaking his head with a tiny, tightlipped smile.

"Calixto, bro, I can't thank you enough for all you've done for me. You've always been there for me even when I didn't deserve your attention let alone your help. Sometimes, I would sit back and think about why in the hell you'd waste your time protecting someone with an obvious death wish due to his drug obsession. I know you wanted to get me help, the constant drug abuse prevention pamphlets were a hint. Think of it this way, I'm finally free now," Calixto read off, choking up at the end and I gently grabbed the paper from his quaking hands as he hugged me to him tightly, burying his face in my neck. I held him back and swayed slightly as his tears soaked both my neck and my already bloodstained shirt.

"I'll finish reading it for you, yeah," I whispered and he nodded, not removing his face from my neck. I smiled softly and kissed the side of his face, holding the paper up so I could read it clearly.

"I love you guys. Yes, even you Chesney. I didn't know you long, but you made my bro happy and that counts for a lot. I hope the best for both you lovebirds and everyone else I've come to love over the years. Goodbye," I finished, smiling into Calixto's shoulder and Calixto squeezed me tighter to him, making me wheeze a bit until he quietly chuckled, loosening his grip on my body.

"Sorry Ches," he whispered, pecking my neck softly with a small kiss and I rubbed his back while my heart fluttered in my chest.

"Hey guys, I hate to interrupt but visiting times are over; we gotta go," Killian whispered, standing from his chair, and while holding hands with Dakota, he left the room, absent looks placed on both of their faces.