Chapter 42

Hello my lovely friends. I am on holiday and the wifi sucks so be patient. This is a small chapter but another one will be published in a few hours so I hope it will compensate for the long wait. I love you and thank you for everything.

******************************************************

After the eventful encounter my mum had with Harry things were back to normal. Harry left as he had bookings for shoots and fittings and although his departure brought me down the weight was lifted when my mum gave me the two hundred euros I needed to go visit him. She called it a white flag gift from her to Harry since she had embarrassed him so on their first meeting. She liked him for that I was sure, not because he was gifted as she put it (maybe because of that too, who really knows) but because she said she noticed things about him that were priceless. She liked the fact that he had humor and could take a joke, she loved the way he was with his sister so caring and tender, the way he was friends with Jimmy since childhood but most of all she adored the way he looked at me.

"He looks at you like you are his whole world sweetheart" she told me when we were alone and by alone I mean Jimmy included; Jimmy was family.

"His eyes sparkle with every smile that you give him and he beams whenever you say his name and from the looks of the boy he sure isn't short of offers, is he?" she gurgled.

"He sees the whole world you say?"Jimmy jumped in.

"Yeah?" she replied smiling.

"When he looks at her?" he continued.

"Jimmyyyyyy" I whined.

"OK then. I lost my car keys. Can he find them in her eyes or something, I looked everywhere" he laughed hard followed by my mum. The two of them together were an army.

So with the money she gave me I was able to go to Italy and I spent five unforgettable days there. Harry managed to take some time off and we went to Rome together, spent some time sight-seeing as well because with Harry's hectic schedule he hadn't been able to enjoy the culture as much as he wanted, the magic that Italy is all about. We rented a room in a bed and breakfast place, cheap but adorable because I didn't want Harry spending money on me and hotels. We would eat pizza and pasta and have gelato for dessert. I will share a small secret with you though: I like pasta the way we cook it back home and the pizza at Andy's tastes yummier when he go there with Jimmy, Niall and Gemma once a week. But let's keep that to ourselves because in front of Harry I pretended that the pizza with prosciutto and rocket leaves was out of this world, that the pasta al pesto al dente were the most delicious in the universe. Too many als for my taste but he was so happy, so damn cute when he introduced me to his Italian world that I didn't have it in me to spoil it for him.

Five days and five nights flew by like they were seconds, like they were leaves blown in the autumn breeze. Funny how times passes slowly when you have nothing to do, yet it speeds like the bloody Concorde breaking the sound barrier when you don't want it. So when time was up, the memories of sweet long kisses, of cuddles and gentle touches, of passionate love making and words dipped in lust and desire became my luggage to take home and despite the devastating ache of leaving him, they soothed the bitter feeling in my heart.

Needless to say that the fashion world was immediately alerted when they spotted us together strolling the piazzas of Beautiful Rome. Of course he wasn't a huge rockstar with paps on his tail but it was fashion news none the less that Mr. Styles was no longer on the market as Miss Cameron stole his heart. This piece of information, along with a picture of me and Harry walking hand in hand were printed next to another one, a story about Brit sensations Harry Styles and Liam Payne negotiating their contracts with Gucci. A year had passed and it was time to renew and with that there would be a week of meetings for both of them, attorneys reviewing the tiny letters written at the very bottom as Harry humorously explained so the reality of it all hit me like a fucking wrecking ball minus Miley naked on it because that would have been awkward even as a metaphor. Harry was negotiating another year and I was back home. Of course I wanted the best for him and if that meant going back and forth to Italy, working my ass off to pay for my tickets I would do it as long as he loved me and wanted me by his side.

So this brings us to now, at university sitting at a wooden old bench much like the one at the back of the club sipping bad, cold, stale coffee from the canteen with Ed. The fact that it is cheap makes me feel a little bit better.

"Do you want to skip class with me?" he asks raising his brow mischievously.

"We don't have classes together Ed, didn't you just finish for the day?" I wonder as my boredom hugs me like we are best friends.

"Yeah...but I feel badass when I ask you to skip class with me so play along"

"OK"

"Soooo...do you want to skip class with me?" he asks again.

"Nope" I smile.

"Your loss" he shrugs and I look at my watch.

"Ten minutes before I sit next to my beloved Brenda, the girl I adore so much I would rather sit between an elephant and a poacher, a jaguar and an antelope, a...a...a Nazi and" my phone ringing interrupts me.

"Thank God for that!" Ed exclaims. "You and your similes, awkward as fuck" he chuckles.

"Hello?" I answer to the number I don't know but I usually take the calls because they are mostly related with work either at the club or at Teen Vogue so the more gigs I get, the more money I make, the more days I get to spend with Harry, you get the drill.

"Is this Miss Cameron?"

"Speaking" I am intrigued by the hoarse voice on the other end.

"Lovely" he replies.

"How can I help you?" I ask him looking back at my watch seeing only a few minutes are left before my next class.

"I have a proposition for you" he adds.

"What kind of proposition? And who am I talking to?" I frown because this guy's voice is giving me the chills. Ed is looking at me weirdly sensing my apprehension.

"I am working for Burberry and we would like to see you in person to discuss a project together" he explains and I am relieved for a while.

"My name is Nicholas Ferguson"

"Oh Mr. Ferguson thank you for considering me but I'm afraid I cannot close deals on the phone like that because..."

"I can come by the club where you work Miss Cameron" he cuts my words short.

I am puzzled by the fact that he knows about my night job but I go on.

"No you see when I book interviews I am obliged to do so through Teen Vogue. I can't freelance like that" I smile as I clarify things to him.

"Miss Cameron, this doesn't have to do anything with an interview of any sort so Teen Vogue does not need to be informed" he says but I am lost and that is exactly what I say.

"I'm sorry but you lost me. I don't see how I can help you. How can I help you?" I am beyond confused and my expression mirrors my feelings.

"Oh Miss Cameron...although we are well aware of your writing potential this isn't a writing gig" he sniggers.

"Then what is it?" I retort.

"A modeling one" he enlightens me and I almost drop the phone.

****************************************************************

My friend @walkstar is helping me with the book cover of my new story and I am so excited! If you haven't read her stories go follow her and add them to your lists and read read read, you can thank me later!

Don't forget to comment and vote if you are enjoying xxxxx