Chapter 22

"Date?"

"Yeah date." he confirmed.

"What do you mean?" I asked raising my brows.

"God Ella!" he exhaled in annoyance.

"You mean like going to a fancy restaurant, getting all dressed up, you and me, the two of us?" I asked again trying to get the message across that it wasn't my ideal way to spend an evening.

"People who date usually go out on dates Ella" he pointed out the obvious, leaning back on the sofa of his apartment.

"Baby..." I tried to sweet-talk him.

"Yeeeees" he dragged his voice amused this time getting ready to hear my opening statement

"Dates are so overrated. I mean they are so fake" I slowly but purposefully left my cozy armchair to go sit on his lap placing my arms around his neck feeling his own huge ones around my waist looking at me smiling. 

"You get all dressed up and then you go to this fancy ass incredibly overpriced restaurant where you need  to leave a kidney as down payment and they bring these menus with words no one understands unless they have been contestants on Master chef. We pretend we know what they are and we order and then they bring these huge plates with tiny bits of food in them and although you pay half your monthly salary you leave the place craving pizza because you are afraid that if you eat everything on the plate your date will think you are a pig. And the wine...oh Lord. I don't care about the Chablis blah blah blah. Get me a bloody beer" Harry was already chuckling with my explanation.

"Don't hold it in baby! Tell us what you really think" he said laughing.

"Don't get me started on the conversation topics. They are so unnatural. Life, the cinema, politics. And the waiters asking if everything is alright every five minutes. Yes mister everything is fine like it was five minutes ago when you asked. And...and they come to pour water and wine. People it's right there! We can pour it ourselves" I said dramatically gesticulating passionately to prove my point.
"And the flowers. I really doubt having a vase to begin with...and what is this 17th  century courtship?"

"I wasn't planning on getting you flowers" he interrupted pecking my lips.

"What why? No flowers?" I fake offense.

"But you just said..."

"Still you should have bought me flowers Harry" 

"We haven't been on the date yet" 

"See! Dates are complicated" he shook his head surrendering. He was so amused by the whole thing and I loved that I was the one who made him feel this way.

"You are something else, you know that?" he finally declared giving me chaste kisses holding me closer.

"So I've been told" I wiggled my eyebrows and kissed him back.