Chapter 7

This chapter is dedicated to Jo Pr (JoPRBooks) because F.A.I.T.H. is awesome. Everyone who is into romance should read it! yess!

RECAP- Shim decided to get a job at Lorenzo's. People in town are acting weird cuz all of them have read the newspaper and the main character, obviously, is pretty clueless. Pierce has gone to  Philly but our homeboy Parker will be seen in this chapter yo. 

This un-edited chapter is here....

Seeing the name of your reclusive town in the paper is as exciting as it is unusual. The Inquirer and a couple of other papers from Allentown and Lancaster had covered the River Crest bank robbery when it took place. Some of them even mentioned Trevor's name, others just went with the unfortunate young man who was shot at and thereafter slipped into coma.

Initially, the news vans were common sightings, a few uninterested reporters were required to interview the eager people beaming too happily at the cameraman to be captioned as 'in a state of mourning.' The reporters got tired, the fervor died down and people went on with their lives.

When Trevor returned, a couple of bouquets coupled with hastily signed 'get well soon' cards were sent to our residence which I quietly forwarded to Parker who I'm sure gave them to Trevor. No one was left to interview him with the exception of the River Crest's finest of course.

But back then, the articles about our town's mishap graced the later pages at some easily missed corner. For a town which doesn't have a printing press of its own, even that is a very big deal. So you can imagine the uproar that would be caused if we were to have our name on the front page.

I stare at the copy of The Inquirer spread out in front of me and there in the center of page one, flanked by two political articles is a headline which has brought this town to a standstill.

Wanted criminal arrested after bank robbery

I read it for the umpteenth time.

River Crest PA: Kevin Barker who is on the wanted list of Interpol for involvement in a number of crimes including robbery, harassment, extortion and the murder of famous business tycoon Blaise Charbonneau was arrested the previous night by the PPD from the uptown Chambers Hotel in the Rittenhouse Square. Surprisingly, Barker was arrested after he spent the money that he reportedly stole from The River Crest bank.

The Inquirer first reported the bank robbery and attempt to murder of a youth in River Crest on the 10th of January.

"We acted after receiving an anonymous tip. The dollar bills that Barker stole carried a unique series of 8 digit numbers, just like every other bill circulating in the country. These were spotted and the police was immediately informed. We dispatched an able team to Chambers Hotel and our officers were swift in action. This is an important arrest for us," said chief officer Rhodes while addressing the press. Cash amounting to $20,000 was recovered from Barker's presidential suite.

He is known to be a close associate of notorious criminal Jackson West; often touted as West's right hand. West has been on the run from the police since the past ten years.

"After Barker's arrest, we're hoping to get information on West's whereabouts. In that case, we'll be able to arrest him soon," said an officer who did not wish to be named. West had been hiding out in Europe but last year, Interpol had hinted that he might be in New York. The NYPD could not be reached.

The authorities in River Crest have been informed and the police are now waiting for confirmation of identity of his shooter by Trevor Anderson, the victim. Anderson was unavailable for comment.