Part II: Chapter V

Chapter V

Nyxeira

Despite staying up to see Japer the night before, I somehow managed to roll out of bed before Silas could barge in and ask why I was still asleep. Not to mention that I still hadn't told him or Max that I intended to go out during the day this time.

I glanced at the small digital clock next to my bed, next to the white flower Jasper had given me last night.

9:58am.

Oh crap, I only had two minutes before...

"Nyx, darling, where are you?!"

I groaned loudly. I had almost forgotten that I promised to tell Silas and Max everything when I came back in a sleepy haze last night. That decision was now coming back to haunt me not even 24 hours later.

I quickly pulled on one of my nicer white shirts, some black cargo pants and my usual combat boots and brushed my hair quickly before leaving my room.

Walking out to the kitchen area, I came to face with my brother and Silas who were seated around the small table, breakfast untouched, waiting for me to emerge from my room. I sensed a full scale interrogation coming on.

I reluctantly slouched into the chair opposite them and prepared for the onslaught of questions. There was a brief pause where we simply stared at each other, then it began.

"Where are you disappearing to?"

"Why are you dressed to go out again today?"

"Have you been eating properly?"

"Who is your boyfriend?"

The last two questions were from Max and Silas respectively, and while I was prepared for Max's question, Silas' caught me completely off guard.

"Boyfriend?" I sputtered, looking at my magenta haired friend in shock. He simply shrugged, reaching for a piece of toast.

"Flowers don't come from nowhere."

I sighed, well, I supposed there was no harm in telling them about Jasper.

Just as I was about to begin my not-so-long explanation, Max shoved a piece of toast in my mouth. 

"Eat first before you waste away," he muttered, "You have me worried sick."

I grinned as I chewed my toast. Max is the best at worrying too much, in typical big brother fashion.

"Maxxyyyyy!"

And Silas is the best at being frustrated until his questions are answered. I swallowed loudly and held up a hand to stop Max from shoving more food into my mouth.

"So his name is Jasper Allen..."

"I don't like him already," muttered Silas, interrupting me mid-sentence.

I gasped loudly, "But you don't even know him!"

"Too bad, I've made up my mind," Silas said definitively, crossing his arms over his chest.

"Maaaaaxx," I whined turning to him for some kind of support.

"Sorry sis, I'm out," he replied, laughing as he continued to eat his breakfast. "Now start eating, and explain while you eat."

・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・゜゜・。*。・゜*✧

"Why are you coming with me again?" I said, loud enough to be heard over the gale force winds and gravel crunching beneath our feet.