Chapter 10 , "The waltz of hope"

Candy was with her friends at her apartment getting ready for the big ball. She had given her two best friends invitations; Annabelle and Tricia were going with their boyfriends.

- Candy, you don't have a date? Asked Annabelle.

- You know I'm not going to be alone at the party, you'll see...

- But you could've gone with your one of your friends.

- I only wanted to go with Terrence.

- So why didn't you ask him?

- Because...it was too... personal. I didn't want to cross the line between being professional and my private life...

- But it's what you want! Said Annabelle.

- I know... and I regretted not asking him... he's going with Liza Reed.

- Liza Reed? Daniel's adorable sister? What could he see in her?

- Apparently, he owed her a favour, and she came to collect by asking him to go with her to the dance, said Candy with a weary tone.

She thought about the flash she had at the office when Liza left.

- By the way, Annabelle, I had another flash at the office that day after Liza left...

- Oh you're telling me just now?

- I'm going to send it to you by email...

Tricia was listening to them surprised to see that the two friends had taken that story seriously...

- You're really serious? Asked Tricia, I thought you didn't believe it Candy...

- I don't know what to believe, honestly, Tricia, but we'll see where this story takes us

- It's fascinating, said Tricia, you should write a book on it Annabelle.

- I'm one step ahead of you, Tricia...

- My God, you're serious, and if it's a best seller, we become millionaires?

- Easy, said Candy, before we start counting the money we don't have, I have to solve my problem first...

- Of course, said Annabelle, that goes without saying. You're the star...

- Are you ready, can we leave, asked Candy.

- Yes, the guy are waiting for us downstairs, said Tricia.