Chapter 2 , "The promise"

The day was starting fine. Candy woke up early, she was still jetlagged. She got ready in what her friend Tricia was calling her "disguise"; big long skirt, big shirt bad up do, snickers on her feet. But she thought it was a good way to become "unseen"... she didn't want to repeat the incident with Daniel Reed. All men weren't the same but she didn't want to run the risk of having another obsessed man. She thought about what had happened.

She was working for the Reed Enterprises for a week, as an executive assistant, when she met the son of the big boss; Daniel. He was impressed with her right away. She tried to blow him off nicely, but he didn't seem to want to hear it. She agreed to have diner with him and she tried to show herself on a bad light, but nothing she did seemed to bother Daniel Reed. He seemed to love her even more than before and the fact the she agreed to have dinner with him, only gave him more hope.

- Daniel, I'm not in love with you...

- But of course you are, everybody is in love with me, I'm young handsome, rich, I'm a good catch...

- You don't seem to hear me: I don't love you!!!

- I love you like crazy, Candy, you're going to be my wife!

- No! My God, you're a pighead! Which part of "no" don't you understand?

- You're just playing hard to get...

- It's no use talking with you, you're not listening! I quit! Tell you father, I'm sorry...

- Candy, wait...

- No, goodbye Daniel, she said taking her stuff to leave

But that was not enough. He started to wait for her in front of the building every night. So she moved and gave the doormen Daniel's picture so they won't let him up under any circumstances. She was calm for a little while. She had found another job in another company, her boss was old, had grown children and was married. But she still used her disguise; better safe than sorry. She got in the underground parking of her workplace. She saw Daniel Reed walking towards her, she panicked a little, but she said to herself, he probably won't recognise her. He passed her, to her big relief. She didn't want to start changing jobs again.

She came out of her daydreaming and she got ready to go to her job. Another day of work...

Terry was in England, in London on a business trip. He was sleeping when the phone rang. He cursed and answered the phone. He heard the voice of his hysterical sister; Dinah.

- Terry!!! Terry!!! You have to help me!

- Well hello to you too, Dinah...

- I don't have time for formalities!

Terry wanted to scream, he was getting used to the time change, but that crazy girl didn't care that she was waking him up in the middle of the night; she was of course, having a selfish moment.