Chapter 20 , "Please forgive me"

When Candy and her family arrived downstairs, they heard the door bell. The butler went to open the door and Freddy Ngoi entered. Candy smiled and she ran to him jumped to his neck. He hugged her for a long time. He felt she was sad. He kissed her on both cheeks and one of the kisses landed near her lips. Candy felt his tongue. That's how it's always been; Candy had talked about it with her friends, and they all said they had felt some tongue when Freddy Ngoi kissed them on the corner of the lips...Candy smiled at that memory.

- How are you honey? Asked Freddy.

- I've been better, said Candy.

- Oh, I'm here, everything is going to be fine..., said Freddy softly.

He walked with her to the living room where Emmanuel's family was. When she got in the living room at Freddy's arms, if Candy was surprised to see Terry among the guests, she didn't show it. She said hello to everybody by kissing them, except for Terry and she went to sit next to Freddy, far away from Terry, who was looking at her a little jealous. Who the hell was that guy? He asked Emmanuel.

- Who's that? Said Terry.

- Freddy Ngoi, one of her ex-boyfriends...

- Boyfriend...

- They're only friends now, don't worry.

- But it hurts to see her with another guy...

- Hang in there, buddy, you'll be able to speak to her later....

Candy wasn't even looking at Terry. She was wondering what he was doing there and she suspected her sister had something to do with it. She looked at Ronnie who avoided her eyes. Freddy saw her looking at Ronnie.

- Are you ok, Candy?

- Yes, but...

- What?

- My boss, well my ex-boss is here...

- And that bothers you?

- I don't want to see him!

- Why?

- He gets on my nerves! Said Candy sulking.

- Candy... are you in love with him?

- I don't love him!

- Ok..., said Freddy.

But he had to stop talking because Laurent and Emmanuel's father started to talk about the situation, and how disappointed they were in their children for forcing their hand that way. Terry was barely listening, he kept looking at Candy. This last one wasn't even looking in his direction. He wanted to run to her, take her in his arms and kiss her passionately. But he had to be patient.