Chapter Nine: My Heroine

It was a week after the night Niall slept over. I had hung out with the boys and it wasn’t as awkward as I thought it was going to be. The song came out in two days, and I was nervous. I mean, it had always been my dream to sing but my stage fright transferred to just the fact that in two days the entire world would be able to pay ninety nine cents to hear me sing. Wow.

Not only that but my face was going to be on the single cover along with the boys. Uncle Mark had texted me last night telling me that the photo shoot was today. Photo shoot? I had asked him incredulously. Somehow he and Tay were able to talk me into it, and that’s why today Tay and me sat in NYC traffic in her car on the way out of the city to where the shoot was going to be.

“Eeeep!” Tay screeched. “This is so cool,”

“Sure,” I said, trying to pay attention to the road.

“Hurry up,” she scolded me. “We’re going to be late.”

“I’m going to be late,” I corrected. “And does it look like I can?”

“Good point,” she said. “Let’s listen to some music, then.”

“Sure,” I said. She plugged her iPod into her car and selected a song. We drove for what seemed like forever. When we were close to where we were supposed to be ‘My Heroine’ by The Maine came on and Tay cranked the volume so people outside of the car could hear it. She began to sing:

“I’m feeling pretty dirty baby,” she sang looking at me and I laughed. “Forgive my sins,”

“I got the feeling you can save me honey,” I sang at the top of my lungs. She joined me for the next part. “My heroine,”

“Your hips,” she sang.

“My hands,” we were both laughing as we went back and forth

“You swing,”

“You dance,”

“I’m feeling pretty lonely, baby,”

“Just let me in,”

“Just let me in.” we came together again for the chorus, singing as loud as we could.

“You’re me heroine, just suicide it,

If I let you in, you’ll crawl inside it,

Oh you saved my skin,

She can’t wait to sing

Ooooooooo

My heroine,”

We pulled into the parking lot of a park. I pulled the car into a spot, but we continued to sing.

“I feel a little withdraw, baby,” Tay sang.

“Come pick me up,” I replied.

“Took a hit from your level, now I just can’t get enough!” we harmonized and then laughed. We went back to each of us sing a part.

“Your taste,” she sang.

“My touch,”

“A little bit of love,”

“Whole lota lust,” I sang doing my best to mimic the way it was in the song, which made Tay giggle. We went back to singing together.

“I’m feeling pretty lonely, baby.” I watched as Tay turned up the volume even more. “So just let me in. Just let me in!”

We were both dancing like idiots, but we didn’t care.

“You’re me heroine, just suicide it,