Family Comes First [Part 2]

Depuis le début

"You're welcome!" I said as I continued grinning. 

"She's not wrong though!" Aakifah said after laughing a little. We saw Kashifa coming down the stairs a little while later. She.. was surprisingly wearing one too.

"Kashifa... You're wearing it too?" I asked shocked in a good way. Despite her obsession with tattoos and all the bad things she was pretty nice. 

"Yup! I need to grow up now." She said. 

"Masha'Allah! Give me a hug!" I said. For some reason, I was starting to feel really happy. 

A few minutes later Ruhi, Kashifa and Zafeer were introduced and so were our in-laws. I didn't get to talk to Sheath for too long. I started talking to my mother-in-law. 

"Me and your mom were wondering..." She began as she started speaking in a low voice. "Actually I think we should include Sheath in this conversation too." My mother-in-law said. This is weird. It's almost like they're telling us to move in with each other... well, that can't be it, right? "Why don't you come into the guest room with Sheath?" She asks me and I nod. Suddenly my stomach ties into a billion knots. What's going on?

I walk up to Sheath who is talking to Ruhi as she starts to make jokes about me and how I might turn out to be the worst wife on earth. Well, I actually didn't mind because he should be knowing this by now. At this thought, I grinned. When I nudged him he looked at me and gave me a look of relief. It must be so awkward talking to girls keeping your gaze lowered, hunh?

"You're mom's calling both of us." I said in a really low voice. My mom sees me whispering to Sheath. And when our eyes meet, she turns around and starts walking away. My mom obviously knew she had the duty to tell us something, but what could it be? I walked into my room and I saw my mom's sister sitting down in the corner with Sarah fast asleep in her lap. She was smiling at me and that's when I knew something new was going to happen. Not only because of that, because my parents were on one side and Sheath's parents were on the other and everyone suddenly turned really serious. Sheath was standing right next to me. I didn't see anyone else in the room and I saw my dad get up to close the door behind us.

"Sit down." My mom said to both of us. And we both sat down on the same couch. "We were thinking... of asking you two that... if you two are going to study here, then are you going to raise your family here too." My eyes opened wide open. Start a family? Like, you mean having kids and all AND living together? That was too much to take in. I looked up at Sheath and almost broke out laughing because he gave a puzzled look to me. I turned away, expecting him to answer.

"Well... we haven't really discussed this yet. I mean I'm pretty sure we came here to study only. America's not that bad, but... I think we need to discuss it first." Sheath said in a really awkward but sweet voice. And yes I was getting butterflies again surprisingly. I honestly did not want to have anything more to do in America other than studying. I want to go back home and hang out with Yusra like usual, have kids and become a great mother and try to attend some weddings too... mainly Yusra's. I was missing Yusra so badly and it's only been two months. I didn't notice until now but everyone was looking at me now.

"I really think we should discuss it first too, because I wouldn't mind living in any country it's just..." Canada has the health benefits people! "Well I was thinking why not get Aakifah married soon too. It doesn't make sense that I, the younger one, am married before her." I blurted out in the moment. My parents actually sighed when I said that and my mother-in-law was smiling.

"That's the one thing we came to talk about so don't you worry Samaar." My mother-in-law said. Did I mention how awkward it was calling Sheath's mom my mother-in-law? No? Well it's SUPER awkward. I looked at my parents, and they sort of looked down trying not to get embarrassed because of my loud mouth. Yeah sure they were my in-laws and I needed to have the outmost respect but my sisters come first in any situation. I'm sure Aakifah wants to get married too and I don't have to ask her because I know. She was the one to always lecture me when I said I hated the concept of marriage and all. She used to talk about it as if it was her dream to be married to someone who has Deen (Religion) as his way of life.