21: Sneaking Around

YN's POV:

2 weeks later, we all arrive at Chuck-E-Cheese's. We entered the door and received our  hand stamp, receiving an odd look from the young girl.

"Where's the child?" she asked.

"On your mind," Michelle said, continuing through, walking towards the counter. The rest of us tried to hold in our laughter. The girl's face was making that a difficult task.

As we reached the counter, once again, we received a weird look. This time, it was from an older cashier.

"Aren't you all too old to be in here, at least without a child?" she questioned.

"Aren't you too old to not be sitting in a retirement home drinking prune juice?" Jalen snapped back. Her mouth dropped opened and she grumbled and she rung up our pizza and drink orders and poured our playing coins.

"You should learn how to respect your elders young man," she responded.

"Look here ma'am, I am mature enough to do and say as I-OOOH LOOK," he shouted looking at the obstacle course, distracted from his response. "Let's go," he continued, grabbing Kevin and Skye by their wrist dragging them towards the play area.

I received the change from the now, grumpy old lady and continued towards the seating area.

"Where's Devin anyways," Janae wondered. She basically said what we were all thinking. We all began looking around for him.

"Aye, I bet he's Chuckie," Daniel said.

"Nah, Dev would never be Chuckie," I disagreed, Michelle and Janae agreed with me.

"Watch," he responded. As soon as those words left his mouth, Chuckie walked out from the back dancing around with the children. I couldn't help but smile at how the children were so excited to see him, and some not so excited.

After a while, Chuckie began walking towards our direction, taking off his head. Underneath, was no other than my beloved Devin. He looked exhausted. Daniel tapped my shoulder and pointed at Michelle and Janae with a wide grin on his face. He reached our table, making Daniel scoot over so he can sit beside me, bending down slightly to give me a kiss.

"You know you're not supposed to take the head off in front of the kids right?" Michelle reminded.

"Yea, but I could really careless about those kids. They'll eventually find out I'm not real one day," he spoke, which caused me to hit his shoulder.

"Where is Jalen, Kevin, and Skye?" he asked.

"Off being the kids they are," I responded.

Someone dropped off our pizza and I called the other three over. Thankfully, I bought 4 trays because Jalen and Kevin each got five slices of pizza. The old lady soon came storming over.

"Devin, you are not on break, you are supposed to be working right now. I do not pay you to sit and-" she nagged when Devin interrupted her.

"If I give you a slice of pizza, will you stop talking and let me have a longer break?" He reasoned. She stood there for a second before nodding her head. I slid the slice towards her and she quickly took it, before walking away.

I laid my head on his shoulder while his arm wrapped around me. We were both laughing at how Kevin and Jalen were eating, apparently they were having a eating contest. In my opinion, no one was winning here.

When everyone finally finished eating we, stood up to go play games. By this time, it was time for Devin to get back to work. He gave me a kiss and put his head back on before getting up to leave. As he was walking away, he kept tripping over his costume feet, causing him to fall and all of the kids running and jumping on top of him. Thankfully, I got that on snapchat.

"Should we go help him?" Michelle asked. The rest of us looked at Devin being attacked and responded with a "nah, he good."

I decided to challenge Janae in a game of basketball. Since she always seems to claim that she's the best at basketball, why not see just how good she is.

"Aight you ready?" I asked.

"Always," she bragged. I shook my head and pressed the start button. I made most of my shots, missing a few, but Janae on the other hand. She missed every single one of them.

"What's going on basketball queen?" I joked. She responded with a quick "shut up," and continued trying to score a basket.

One of her balls hit the rim and bounced back out of the basketball area. A little boy grabbed the ball running over and quickly shooting it into the net for Janae before the time ran out. We couldn't believe he actually made it. Janae stood there with her mouth slightly open.

"Damn, this little boy scored with one attempt," I teased her. She pushed my shoulder before folding her arms and walking away pouting. I retrieved my tickets and walked towards the others.

We decided it was better to combine all of our tickets together so we could get a bigger prize. After putting them in the machine, we ended up with 2,582 tickets. We were guaranteed to each get something to match. We all decided to get matching small teddy bears. I chose the purple one for Devin and I. Kevin and Michelle chose the red. Daniel and Janae chose Blue. Jalen and Skye got the yellow teddy bear.

By the time we were finished playing and getting our prizes, Devin's shift was over. We all walked out together. He walked me to the car, opening the door for me. I leaned in to give him a little peck which of course lead to much more. He wrapped his arms around my waist and my arms automatically wrapped around his neck. His hands traveled down from my waist to my butt, which he gave a squeeze and that resulted in a giggle escaping from my mouth.

Our little make-out session was interrupted when Jalen drove past us blowing his horn and yelling "GET A ROOM!" His actions caused me and Devin to laugh. I gave him one final peck before getting into my car and driving home.

When I walked into the door, both of my parents confronted me.

"And where have you been?" my mom asked, standing with her arms crossed, giving me a death glare. Oh Lord.