6: Cooking Class

YN's POV:

Devin and I finally made it to my class after a few minutes of holding hands and walking in a comfortable silence. It would've been easier on his behalf if I would've walked with Jalen just because Devin has to walk back to the other side of the school. I'm not complaining though. We soon stopped in front of my class room. We quickly hugged one another and he kissed my forehead. He immediately began to run towards his next class.

"GO! GO! GO!" I yelled to him like I was a coach. He gave me the middle finger as he back peddled. "When ?!" I asked while I giggled. He was about to respond until he tripped over someone's backpack and fell onto the tile floor. I placed my hand over my mouth attempting to cover my laugh, but that didn't work. I was laughing so hard that I began to cry. I walked over to where Devin was still sitting on the floor while wiping my eyes. I held my hand out for Devin to grab, but when he reached for it I yanked it back. We both laughed and I held my hand out for him once again. This time I actually allowed him to grab my hand and instead of him letting me help him up, he yanked me down into his lap. We both laughed and didn't care about the people staring at us as they walk by. After our laughter died down, we just sat in silence once again. A few seconds later, the bell rang.

"You better get going since you have to walk all the way to the other side of the school," I advised Devin. "Yea and you better get going since you just have to walk a few feet," Devin responded. I laughed and looked up at Devin only to find him looking at me with a smile on his face. We both started to lean in until I was yanked up by my arm. I quickly turned around to find Jalen looking at me.

"Y'all can kiss later. We have to get to class," Jalen stated. I just glared at him and reached out to help Devin up once again. This time, he actually stood up. We hugged awkwardly since Jalen was staring at us like he was in a rush and we both went our separate ways.

When we entered the room, we found our seats and luckily, we got to choose our partners. "You like him! You like him! You like him!" Jalen teased as he constantly poked my cheek. I just swatted his hand away and rolled my eyes. He laughed at my reaction.

The teacher, Mrs. Macon, entered the room after minutes of Jalen teasing and irritating me. "I see everyone has their partner and for the first class I'm not gonna bore you with a lecture or anything. I'm pretty sure you know what everything is and if you don't just remember 'Google is your best friend.' Every class, there will be a bowl full of different recipes. Every different set of partners will pull from the bowl and that will be what they have to cook. It could be simple or complex, so c'mon up and pick your recipe. All supplies are in the back of the room," she explained. Jalen and I looked at one another. He pushed me out of my stool. I stood up and brushed myself off. Of course, I slapped the back of Jalen's head before heading to the front of the class room. When I made it to her desk, I stuck my hand into the bowl and we had to bake Chocolate Chip Cookies.

Jalen and I had all of our supplies laid out so when we needed them we could easily know where they are. It was just about time to add the chocolate chips into the batter, but I couldn't find them. I looked over at Jalen to see he was shoving them into his face. It looked like he was swallowing them whole.

"What? A nigga was hungry," he confessed as he placed yet another handful of chocolate chips into his mouth. I glared at him and snatched them out of his hands. Luckily, there was still enough for the cookies. "DO NOT AND I MEAN DO NOT SNATCH STUFF FOR ME!" Jalen jokingly yelled. I crossed my arms," and what are you gonna do about it?" I questioned. "You don't what these hands," Jalen said as he playfully put up his fist. I grabbed some cookie dough and slapped him across his cheek. He was gonna put butter into my hair until the teacher walked passed which made him wipe it on his apron. I laughed and smirked at him. He rolled his eyes and reached for the chocolate chips again until I smacked his hand. He quickly pulled his hand away and rubbed the spot where I hit him. I laughed once again.

After about 10-15 minute, the cookies were ready to get out of the oven. I turned my back to get the oven mitts only to turn back around and find Jalen reaching to get the cookies. Before I could even stop him, he had already touched the pan. He hissed in pain and dropped the cookies. I didn't know if I should laugh or see if he was okay. I could see tears forming in his eyes. I know this dude is not about to cry.

Jalen's POV:

Hell yea I'm about to cry, that shit hurts. It feels worse than getting hit in the balls with a football. Okay maybe I'm exaggerating since I've had that happen to me before and let me tell you it hurt like shit. My hand is blistering up already, but I'm not gonna cry. Nope. I'm a man! A strong man! A strong man that just burnt the shit out of his hand. I just want my mommy. I just need her to kiss my boo-boo. Yea, I'm totally about to cry.

YN's POV:

I walk over to Jalen and grab his hand to look at it. It didn't look too bad, but I know it was painful. I put some ice on his hand.

After an hour of hearing Jalen whining about his blistering hand, class was finally over. Unfortunately, it's not the end of the day.