19: The Aftermath

Thanks Dominique_Joseph for helping me come up with an idea for this chapter.

YN's POV:

Daniel, Skye, Janae, and Devin were removed from the wrecked car one by one with the help of police officers and paramedics. Since Janae was driving and Skye was in the front seat, they got the worst of the wreck. Daniel and Devin are messed up pretty badly also. They were all put into their individual ambulances and Jalen trailed directly behind them.

As we were on the way to the hospital, Michelle and I made it our responsibility to contact everyone's parents. They were taking the next flight down.

We soon made it to the hospital and rushed towards the front door. The nurse gave us their two separate hospital room numbers because Janae and Skye shared a room and Devin and Daniel shared a room. Jalen rushed to his sister and girlfriend's room along side Kevin.

I walked into Devin and Daniel's room with Michelle by my side. Michelle went over to Daniel's bed to talk to him while I went over to Devin's bedside with watery eyes.

He had a gash across his cheek that was sewn together with stitches. He also had a brace on his right knee. I assumed he was asleep because his eyes were closed. I grabbed his hand and rubbed the back of it with my thumb. In reply, he gave my hand a squeeze which surprised me. I looked up to find him already looking me in the eyes. I bent down and kissed his cheek.

"How do you feel?" I asked in concern.

"Im doing fine now," Devin whispered.

"I've never been so terrified in my life," I heard Daniel say from the other side of the room. His face looked fine other than a huge knot on his forehead and he also had a brace on his left wrist.

"Do y'all need anything?" Michelle asked.

"Could you please get me some water," Devin requested and Daniel agreed. Michelle nodded and headed out of the hospital room towards the vending machine.

"I contacted everyone's parents," I let them know. Both of their eyes opened widely as they looked at one another in fear.

"That's going to cause some problems," Daniel said. Devin nodded his head in agreement with Daniel's statement.

"I don't see the problem," Michelle spoke as she walked more into the room with the water bottles, I'm guessing she was standing in the doorway listening.

"You'll find out," Devin stated as he grabbed his water bottle from Michelle.

Soon after our conversation, Jalen and Kevin appeared in the room.

"The girls wanted to speak to y'all," Kevin informed us pointing and both, me and Michelle. We both nodded in response. I gave Devin peck on the lips and walked over and gave Daniel a hug. Michelle and I both left their rooms and headed to Skye and Janae's room.

When we entered the room, Skye and Janae were engaged in a conversation about something.

"How do you feel?" Michelle asked.

"You know, I feel pretty irritated because I've been asked that question so many times I can't count it on my fingers and toes combined," Janae snapped back in reply.

"Sorry for caring," Michelle mumbled.

"Hey, she was asking because she was concerned," I responded, taking up for Michelle which made Janae sigh.

"Sorry, it's just really frustrating," she apologized. Michelle accepted her apology. Soon an awkward silence developed in the cold hospital room. I took this as an opportunity to observe Janae and Skye's appearance.

One of Skye's eyes were swollen and she had a full arm cast along with a knot on the right side of her head. Which I assume was caused by her head hitting the window. Janae's left arm was broken along with a bruised cheek on the same side. She wore a neck brace, but she informed us that it was just because of extreme whiplash, nothing too serious. Although they were both pretty messed up, they continued to wear a smile on their faces.

A nurse walked into the room with their blood work, informing them that they were both perfectly fine. She also let them know when they were planned to heal and the time span. Also, the medication they were prescribed and other things in that area. She let us know that both, the girls and the boys, can be released from the hospital after a few more check ups, tests, and x-rays.

A few hours after that was done, they were released. Jalen, Skye, Devin, and I left in one car while Janae, Kevin, Daniel, and Skye rode in the other. On the ride back to the hotel, I would notice Devin flinch at certain car sounds. I grabbed his hand and gave it a squeeze which caused him to lay his head on my shoulder.

Before we arrived at the hotel, we decided it was a good idea to stop at a pharmacy and get the medicine they were prescribed. We finally made it back to the hotel and traveled up to each of our individual hotel rooms. As soon as we made inside of our room, I made sure Devin took his medication and drunk a cup of water. He laid down in the bed and doze off to sleep.

Before I had the chance to lay with him for a much needed nap, there was a knock at the door. I opened it without looking through the peep hole, only to find everyone's parents standing outside in the hallway of the hotel. My mouth fell agape.

"YN, honey can you get the others who aren't hurt, so we can speak to you all in the hallway," my mother spoke calmly.

Talk about a vacation gone wrong.