Chapter Eight

Finally. I know

"Hi" I greeted the girl hesitantly. I repeat, the girl!

I might not be most familiar with the system, but one thing I knew was that there were not supposed to be women outside of the compound, at least not someone my age. Everyone was shoved into those stupid cubicles.

I gave her cautious glances, trying, and failing, not to be too rude. I quietly assessed her appearance.

She was pretty to say the least. With clear blue eyes and her pouty lips, she was much more sultry than I was. Her maid outfit also didn't help; it barely covered her underwear, which I found out was made of lace after she bent down to put down a plate of food.

"Hello, I'm Taylor. I'm so sorry about that. I didn't see you" She replied after flashing me a white smile. She looked so familiar...

"Thats fine..." I drift off, not sure what to say. The silence floated between the two of us for a while before I had the guts to ask.

She did a double take and stumbled. "Hey! I saw you on the day when we got injected!"

"What are you doing here? Outside the compound, I mean"

She smiled once again, this time with knowingly. You must not know a lot about the system.

I did't bother to confirm.

She continued, "I'm one of the selected, I was chosen to reproduce for the Worthington family. They pulled me away when we were going to get injected". There was no denying that she was smug about it.

Selected always had killer genes, and if she was selected for the most important person in the system, she must have extra killer genes. However, I could not ignore the slight jealousy and compare myself to her. What made her become a selected? I've always known that I wasn't ugly, and if anyone said that I was, my body would most likely make up for it. So why wasn't I in her position. Being a selected is clearly better than a Vexator.

"So you were selected for Xavier Worthington? Since he's the only heir." I asked, still cautious about the girl despite her kind appearance.

"Yup! I didn't even get the injection" She replied.

Wow. So she never had to suffer from any anything. Always protected by the Worthington Household. She must be quite great at making babies if she was still here and not sent back to the cubicle, or...she's pregnant.

"So... have you done the job yet?" Letting my curiosity take over.

However, a pained expression took over her face briefly, so short that I wondered if it was there at all.

"No, not yet. V likes to take his time." She replied, this time with a smile on her face. I assumed that V was her nickname for Xavier. I guess they must be close since she already had a nickname for him.

"Oh. You seem close to him. How is he like? After all, he is the most important guy in this nation."

With a soft smile she said "When I first met him, he was so cold and distant, not that he still isn't, and he is just as controlling as he looks. He was able to make men double his age listen to him, and I respected that so much as a woman who has no control at all. But after a while, I realized that V was only the way that he is because of his past. He's never told me, but the servants around here that have been here long enough saw him change when he grew up."

Her gaze changed and instead she looked at me. "Well that's more than I should have said. But V told be to bring you to the lab, said he wanted to examine you. We can leave after you finish the food"

Examine me? Does that mean he's going to kill me? 

I tried to eat my breakfast as slow as possible, partly because it was the most delicious food I have ever tasted, but mainly because I did not want to rush into my possible death. However, at one point, Taylor got tired of waiting and just snatched the food away for a servant to clear away. I knew I was being quite ridiculous with the way I was eating, but who can blame me?

Taylor led me down several hallways and past dozens of room, all lavishly furnished, as you would expect for the richest family in the world. I think I would be in awe if I was not so worried about my approaching doom.

I seemed like forever, but we finally stopped in front of a door that was different from the others that I saw. Instead of ornate mahogany, this door was made of a matte glass that was translucent. I could see figures moving hurriedly inside and the light from screen displays.

Taylor turned to me and asked with an arched eyebrow, "You ready?"

I let out a sigh. "As ready as I'll ever be."

The door slid open smoothly when she pressed a space grey button to reveal men, mostly old men in white lab coats. But my gaze wandered to a man in the middle of the room who seemed to radiate power and charisma. That of course, could only be Xavier himself.

I lightly frowned, still not over the fact that, not only twenty-four hours before, he had given me the most painful experience of my life.

Our gaze met and he smirked at my frown, no doubt amused by this little girl who didn't fall for his charms.

He stepped off of his platform and strode towards us. He waved a hand to dismiss a beaming Taylor and pulled me by the arm towards another room.

"Get in" He commanded.

Who was this guy to tell me what to do? So stupidly enough, I said "Why?"

This time, Xavier was not amused and his gaze darkened. "You wanna know why? Inside those rooms are a dozen naked men who are going to jump on you. They're going to do what you were supposed to do with me last night. I'm going to try and turn you back into a Vexator. Now get in." With that, he shoved me into another room and closed the door behind me.

I turned to the door and banged on it with my fists while yelling. "get me out of here you good for nothing scumbag!"

However, instead o replying me, his voice sounded off the walls of the room I was currently standing in; it was probably from a speaker.

"Sit in the chair" His voice said.

The room was small and I hadn't noticed that there were indeed about a dozen men in the room. But Xavier lied about them being naked. They were all attractive though, but I immediately scolded myself mentally for having such thoughts in a time like this.

Instead of walking to the white chair, I backed into a corner. He must be stupid if he thinks I'm going to listen to him.

But as usual, I was overpowered by him. More specifically, his dozen men. They dragged me into the chair and strapped me in.

Xavier's voice rang out again. "I'm going to inject you with oistros Ms. Chandler. I found a... new formula just for you".

I wiggled and tried to get out of the chair, but there was no way that I would fight a dozen grown up men.

"Let me go you coward! You can't keeping using some stupid chemicals and your mindless minions to control me!" I screamed at the top of my lungs. My screaming became louder when a familiar blue syringe came out from the chair.

The thin needle pierced my skin painlessly and the blue disappeared into my arm. For a moment or so, I felt nothing.

"How do you feel Ms. Chandler?" Asked Xavier.

After a few minutes when I could feel that Xavier had given up on the serum and was about to open the door to let me out, I could feel the familiar warm feeling take over my body, spreading from my arm.

"Ah Shìt" I whispered.