Mommy Dearest - chapter 19

Mommy Dearest

by Mallory Quinn

Chapter 19

"A means to an end"

While Candy and Terry were having fun discovering each other. Lynda had her little investigation on Nicholas and Susanna. Susanna had stopped seeing him, but she was seeing him before...

- She wanted to make sure she had a bun in her oven, said Lynda out loud, well too bad Susanna, my baby girl and Terrence are married... You won't separate them whether that baby is Terry's or not!

Nicholas Pratt was going out with another married woman who's husband found out and shot him... He was in the hospital fighting for his life. Michael who worked at the hospital certain days of the week, was the one who had to remove the bullet. He had had a lot of experience at the war. He went to see his patient when he regained consciousness.

- Mr. Pratt, said Michael, you're very lucky to be alive...

- Did you save my life doctor?

- Yes, I did... because I had no choice and I took the Hippocratic oath... you don't deserve to live!

- Doctor...

- I hope this experience, is going to stop you from going out with unavailable women, because the next time you might get a main shoots better than the husband of your mistress. Take this as an epiphany, leave town, go start over else where, or stay here and change your ways... or the next time, I'm not going to be the face you see when you open your eyes...

Nicholas Pratt remained silent. Getting shot by the husband of one of his conquest wasn't fun at all... he had to change his ways if he wanted to stay alive...

Candy's friends were making plans for their own wedding. Annie and Archie were almost ready to get married. But Annie's father couldn't participate much, since he had financial problems.

- Don't worry dad, said Annie, Archie will take care of everything...

- I wanted to do this for you, Annie, said her father

- It's ok, said Annie, don't worry about it. You gave me a home when I needed it...now I'm getting married I'm going to be fine with Archie, I love him and he's wealthy

- I'm so happy for you honey, said her mother

- Mom, said Annie, come on! Archie said I can spend whatever amount I want!

Annie left with her mother to shop for her wedding. Archie wanted to make up for kissing Penelope Sanders, so he gave Annie everything she wanted for the wedding...

Patty and Jacques were living together despite her parents objections. Patty didn't want to waste time ...

- My parents are getting annoying, she told Jacques

- We're getting married

- I'm sorry, I didn't mean to push you. We don't have to

- I want to marry you Patricia...

- Me too... I just wanted to live my life, I didn't even get a kiss from Alistair, I was too cautious, or he was...

- Well I can't complain...I get to make out with you a lot! He said smiling

- You don't mind waiting for the wedding to make love?

- Of course not! It will be worth it!

- I love you Jacques

- And I love you Patricia...

They hugged and they kissed. Patricia was taking care of the shelter for a while. Candy had been busy with her therapy and with the wedding preparations...