Chapter 2 , "Rumour has it..."

Candy was in Florida for a week taking care of a little boy who had a blood disease. He was very weak, but she was trying to cheer him up. She knew his days were numbered. His mother was at his bed side day and night. She cried only when she was alone, she didn't want her little boy to see her sad. Candy thought how much that woman was loving her child and how sad she was going to be when he dies.

- I'm prepared, said the mother, no that's not true, because nobody is prepare to lose a child.

"But some people are ready to abandon their child..." Said Candy bitter in her head.

- Nobody should be prepare to lose a child, said Candy, it's ok...

She hugged Candy, who wasn't only being the nurse, but she was a moral comfort for the parents and the patient.

Candy was walking in town looking for an address...She finally found it. It was a big mansion and she rang the door. A butler opened the door.

- Yes?

- I would like to see Miss Patricia...

- May I ask who's asking for her?

- Tell her , it's Candy.

- Very well, said the butler, wait here.

The butler left and a few minutes later, Candy saw her friend running towards her. She jumped to her neck.

- Candy!! Oh my God! It is you!!! I thought the butler was playing tricks on me!!

- Patty! Said Candy hugging her back.

- Oh Candy! What are you doing here in Florida????

- Well I'm working on the road, so I thought I'd say hello to my dear friend Patricia.

- That's nice of you and also a nice surprise.

They walked to the living room. A maid brought them some tea and sandwiches.

- Candy, you look... sad... what's wrong?

- Well I'm still thinking about Terry...

- Yes, I still think about Stear... do you know he never kissed me?

- Well Terry did kiss me...

- At least you've got that memory... I have nothing physical to remember him by...

- What about the dances?

- That's not enough... I wanted him to kiss me! He left without even saying goodbye... a dear Jane letter!