Chapter 13, A step in the right direction

Despite her busy schedule, Candy finally found the time to go to Eleonor for the Sunday dinner. She took all her friends with her. Archie was very excited to see his idol's home. He was still starstrucked by Eleonor Baker, even though he saw her at the gala. They were in the car going to the dinner party.

- Annie, shouldn't you be jealous? Said Candy

- Of Eleonor Baker? No...

- She's just jealous of Penelope Sanders, said Archie

- Would you not say her name again! Said Annie, I can't stand it!

- I'm sorry Annie, said Archie laughing

They arrived at Eleonor's town house. She was expecting them.

- Candy! She said smiling, and friends, come in please! Welcome to my house!

- Thank you Eleonor, said Candy hugging her

They all went in, smiling and laughing, and talking. Archie was by Eleonor side smiling like there was no tomorrow! Right before dinner there was a ring at the door.

- Is my mother here? Said a voice

- Yes, Master Terrence, said the butler, but she has guests...

- Oh... then I won't stay long, said Terrence, I just wanted to have dinner with her. I guest I should've called...

- Don't be ridiculous Terrence, said Eleonor coming out of the living room, you're always welcome here! Come in...

She went to hug her son.

- You're alone? Where's Susanna?

- Well, I kind of broke up with her...

- You what? Said Eleonor

- I broke up with Susanna, mum, I want to be with Candy...

- Oh...well at least you've got your brains back!

- What do you mean?

- You saw her in that theatre and she gave you the courage to go back to Susanna instead of her? What was wrong with that picture?

- I wanted to honour our agreement...But I can't, I want her

- She's here... you can tell her...

- She's here?

- Her and her friends are my dinner guests tonight, so you're right on cue!

Terry smiled and he got in the living room. Even though there were lots of people there, the only person he could see was her...

Candy instinctively looked at the living room door when Terry came in. She knew there was a risk she could see him. But... she was glad he was there. Terry was walking towards her.

- Hello Candice, he said

- Hello Terrence, she said

- Don't mind us, said Annie, we're only your mother's guests!

- Sorry, said Terry, hi everybody!

- Hi! Said everybody laughing

A butler came in and said:

- Dinner is served!

- Thank you Hanson, said Eleonor

Everybody walked to the big dining room. Terry went to sit next to Candy. He didn't care about the rest of the world. He was going to think only about himself. Michael was looking at the scene smiling. He was sitting next to Flammy and talking to her. Every body was having a good time.