Chapter 16

Terry p.o.v.

Why is papa staring at that fat lady? She doesn't look that amazing. Her style isn't anything that great.

I look inside the upy down and I see a mirror inside. Oh, my outfit is so on point today. I look so cute. I also have glitter and it makes me look so pretty. Garry also looked pretty with glitter on. Why isn't papa staring at me? I look way better than her.

I hit papa on the face and he stops looking at the lady. "Pa, lady," I tell him.

He looks back at the woman and shakes his head. Papa is so weird sometimes. He says daddy is so hot, but when I touch him he feels normal. "Yeah, she is," Papa says, before walking inside. I know she's a lady, but why are you staring at her.

Nobody understands me.

Aragon p.o.v.

Brooke and I awkwardly stand in the elevator together. We don't say a thing to each other and look our separate ways. Terry doesn't seem to notice as he checks himself out on the reflective surface of the elevator. He keeps making poses as if he's in a photoshoot.

"He's cute," Brooke says breaking the silence.

I look over at her and smile too. "Yeah, he is," I say. I move Terry from the reflective surface and show him to Brooke. "Um...this is Altair, but you can call him Terry," I introduce. Terry glares at me for taking him away from himself.

"Hello, Terry. I'm Brooke," she introduces with her hand out. Terry shakes it and introduces himself too in his baby talk. "He's really ahead in language. How old is he?"

"Eleven months," I answer. Brooke looks at me with a confused look. You see elves mature quicker than humans and magicians, so even though he's almost one, he looks and thinks like a two/three-year-old. Plus fairies are really sophisticated, so it might add to him acting older. Though he is still half fairy and that's why he's as small as a regular eleven month.

"So you had him when we were kind of you know..," she trails off.

"No, I actually adopted him." Well, technically we've been illegally taking care of him without any magical government officials knowing about his existence. "A friend found him outside his house, so me and my," boyfriend? I seriously need to find out if I can find my mate or not. "dormmates adopted him."

"Aww, kind of like baby daddy," my blonde ex mentions.

"Yeah," I answer, having no idea what that is. I bite my lip as I look at her. It's not seductive, it's more out of nervousness for my question. Not that Brooke looks ugly or anything, she actually looks more attractive now than before. She isn't wearing as much makeup and her clothes aren't revealing at all. "So...speaking about babies," I ask awkwardly.

Brooke stops cooing over Terry. She takes a deep breath before saying anything. "I don't know," she says slowly. I knew Brooke wasn't a virgin when we hooked up, but I didn't know it was this bad. "Vlad and I have been dating since the beginning of the year. We weren't exclusive till the day before he told you and by then, you two were the only people I was intimate with. By my calculations, it could be either yours."

This is not good. This is not good at all. If I become king of Magistille then she'll be caring the heir to the throne. And even worse, Areon might get pissed at me and I might lose him forever. With everything going on lately, this could be the thing that drives us apart.

"Aragon listen to me," Brooke scolds. I was so wrapped up in my thoughts that I didn't realize she was talking to me. When I give her my attention, she retells me what she said. "This experience has been a wake-up call for me and Vlad. We finally grew up in these last couple of months. Vlad has already accepted the child as his even if it isn't biologically. So, I'd appreciate it if you would just forget what you saw and what I told you."