Chapter 3

Areon p.o.v.

We went to the mall during lunch and then decided to skip last period since we didn't have any important classes. I just had ceramics and I wasn't going to do anything since school ends in two weeks.

Now we are driving to some warehouse that they had to show Drew and I something. Drew isn't as stressed as he was before now. I don't know what it was that changed him.

"I didn't know you were a magician," Drew mumbles to me.

"What," I ask him. I heard him, but I don't understand what he means.

"I was tense because I didn't know you were a magician. I got a little worried when I saw you see Devy using his powers," he explains. Oh yeah, he didn't know. Beans were spilled when I admitted it back at Kara's house.

"So you know about magic?"

He puts his hand out and says something from a different language. Then he closes his hand and opens them. His hand then disappears completely. "You could say that."

I smile over at him. "Devy?"

His face flushes when I say the nickname and I can't help but coo at him. Drew kind of had that dark emo kind of look, but he's also so innocent. He kind of reminds me of Nico Di angelo from Percy Jackson.

"You misheard me. I said Devin," he tells me.

"Mhm. I guess we all miss heard," Kara says from the passenger seat.

He crosses his arm and looks away. "Yeah whatever." I can still see his pink cheeks from the window's reflection.

The car soon stops and we end up outside of what looks like a bunch of abandon warehouse buildings. We get out and they lead us to a specific warehouse. Kara takes out a key and unlocks the door. "Come on in," she says.

We walk into the warehouse and look around. The warehouse looks like a club house or something. There were couches, tables, a TV, bookshelves, and a lot of other things.

"What is this place," Drew asks them.

"This is the first lone castor salon," Nero answers him proudly.

I furrow my brow. "Salon, like we're going to do our hair type of a thing."

Kara laughs at what I say and shakes her head. "Not that type of Salon. A couple centuries ago they had establishments where people would come and just share ideas. They would talk about philosophy, politics, and stuff like that."

"But here we will share magic with each other," Nero finishes. That does kind of sound like a cool idea. I'm self taught, so I don't know much magic. If I could meet others of my own kind and learn and teach with them it would be amazing.

"But isn't that what magical universities are for," Drew asks him. What are magical universities?

Nero sighs and shakes his head. "Drew for you yeah, but we're lone castors. We don't get to go to universities for magic."

"We don't," I ask. That isn't fair. Who decided those rules?

"Yeah the Sage council doesn't allow it," Kara tells me. "Because first they don't trust lone castors. Some of them aren't in clans because they did something bad. Second, since lone castors aren't in clans, they can be difficult to find. And third, sometimes the lone castors ancestors left clans and the lone castor doesn't know he's a magician."

"But it still unfair," Nero says. "My family can't reach their full potential because of those stupid Sage council members."

Kara smiles over at him and rubs his arm. "Yeah my father is pretty stupid."