Chapter 13

Areon p.o.v.

I run towards my last class before term break. I can't believe it's almost the end of September. These last couple of months nothing extreme has happened, which I'm both glad and scared about. I wonder what Selena is up to and what's going on with those hooded men. All I've had to worry about lately is Terry and school.

Aragon and I have been pretty good. He flirts with me, but it doesn't go any farther than that. We both understand that it's not a good idea to date till he either finds his mate or they find out he can't.

"Class is canceled," a voice yells. I stop in my tracks immediately and turn towards the voice. I see Ivory sitting in the bleachers doing something on her laptop. "Mrs. Zalgug is in labor."

I walk up the bleachers to join her for a little bit. Drew and Devin took Terry to the park, so I have nothing else to do. Wow, three months with a baby and now my whole life revolves around him. Oh, that reminds me, I have to plan something for his birthday next month.

"What are you doing up here," I ask her.

"Trying to find out what happened that day two months ago. Who those people were and why they killed them," she answers, I see a digital 3D image of the school with its wards all around it on her computer.

"Found anything?" It'd be nice to know what's going on for once.

"One thing. When the school goes on full lock down some wards get turned off. One of them being the intruder ward. This allows anyone to get into the school," she tells me. She clicks something and the image shows the entrance area where the people died. A part of the entrance gets highlighted and starts blinking. "When the wards change from private access to classified access, like that day, this area has a ten-second weak spot. If you know the right spell, you can get into the school easily."

"But they would have had to leave the next week when the the wards went back to normal, or else he'd get caught," I add in. Ivory nods her head. "What could a guy have done for here for a week?"

"The better question is, how wasn't he caught?" Ivory adjusts her glasses before going through the school 3D model.

"How did you design all this? Nero said you were good with computers, but this is amazing," I say.

"Well, Luke and Kara helped with the charms and architecture of the school. With that, it was easy to create this program. Plus Dolos helped a little too," she tells me.

"So does this show the whole school?"

Ivory shakes her head. "There are secret places all over the school. Lucas couldn't have known every single one of them."

"Hey guys," a voice says. We look up from the computer and we see Astrid walking over to us. Ivory rolls her eyes when she sees her. Ivory doesn't seem to like Astrid and Astrid knows it. She loves to bug Ivory whenever she has the chance. The two are polar opposites, even their appearance are different. Astrid has blonde hair while Ivory has brown. Astrid has blue eyes and Ivory has brown. She wears high heels and Ivory wears sneakers. Astrid is cheer captian and Ivory is literally on the bleachers.

"Hello, Malibu barbie. Where's you boy toy Ken," Ivory asks her?

"Oh, you mean Bobby. He's somewhere else. How are you doing poison Ivory," she asks happily. Ivory glares at her for the nickname.

"Da," a voice yells. I look towards the field to see my man---WHAT, did I just call Aragon my man. No, I was going to say, my manly roommate. Anyway, Aragon is holding a very happy Terry. "Da," Terry screams again. I run down the bleachers and hug my little monkey. He giggles when I kiss him all over his head.