o. the neighbor

o. the neighbor
           "what's your name?"

          xxx

     yixing watched as a red mini-van with a moving truck pull up in front of their new house.

     excited, he watched eagerly to see his new possible playmate.

     the automatic door of the van slid open, revealing a girl with dark, flowing black hair and light brown eyes. he noticed her style was a little different compared to the other female kids here.

     something surprised yixing in a way once he saw the kid. he thought it was a boy. unless it was a boy with feminine features and long black hair.

     stepping onto his cracked and eroded driveway, he halted. he suddenly felt a lot more nervous then he should've been.

     a new found feeling was creeping inside his stomach every second he stared at the girl.

     this is my chance. he said to himself.

     yixing took a deep breath and mustered up all the courage he could get just to approach the girl.

     "hello." he simply greeted.

     "hello, nice to meet you. what's your name?" the girl said with a smile.

     at least she's confident.

     "i–uh it's–um," yixing stammered over his words, "my name is zhang yixing." he finally blurted out.

      "oh, it's nice to meet you. im li cheng xiu." she introduced, putting on a helmet that she held in her hands.

     "what is that for?" the male asked.

     "it's so I can protect my head when im skate boarding." she explained, turning back into the car and taking out her skateboard.

     the boy grimaced slightly at his stupid question, he quickly gulped and smiled. he never seen a girl skateboard before, he was marveled at her as she continued to talk to him about her likes.

     yixing found out that she liked to travel a lot and do fun spontaneous things.

     "you're really cool, do you wanna be friends?" yixing finally blurted out after the awkward small talk.

     "sure!" she beamed but was unfortunately interrupted by her mother.

     the woman looked at the boy with a smile, "cheng xiu! please take your boxes to your room, you can play with your new friend after, okay?"

     "yes mom. sorry i have to go, see you later?" she gave him once last smile before entering into her house.

     yixing felt a wonderful feeling in his stomach after he just met cheng xiu. he was happy yet he felt something else. something that he didn't felt ever before in his life.

     though he hadn't had many friends in the past, cheng xiu was different. and the more he got to know her, the more and more he was interested in her.

          xxx

     "psst, yixing! dude, open up! seriously, wake up!" the ten-year-old female whispered loudly through his window.

     "never mind." she mutters to herself as she open the pane of clear glass and climbs into his room.

     cheng xiu lightly tiptoed over to his bed, being careful not to topple anything over.

     "yo yixing!" she managed to say loudly to wake him up.

     yixing jolted up on his bed, rubbing his sleepy eyes.

     "what's going on?"

     "you wanna go out?" cheng xiu asked.

      he male was a little shocked to the sudden question, wide eyes as he tries to look at his best friend in the darkness, with only the moonlight glowing inside the room, "like go out on a date?"

      "no! I mean do you wanna go out on an adventure!?" she jumped on his bed with excitement written all over her face.

     yixing looked over to the side of his bed to the clock.

     3:12 am

     "it's three in the morning, I can't." he simply said, going back into his slumber.

     "it's okay, suit yourself!" she whispered before shutting his window closed.

     the day after, cheng xiu wasn't home. she wasn't in school either, she wasn't picking up her phone or receiving his dozens of texts. her parents have gotten worried and even filed a police report.

     deep regret filled into yixing's heart. the two have been best friends ever since they met each other, and last night was the only time yixing ever said no to cheng xiu.

     yixing was the one who kept cheng xiu safe and out of trouble when the two went out on these things. and even if he said yes, it always came back to bite him in the ass. but when it did, he would rather keep his best friend.

     now he felt like it was his fault.

     maybe he should've gone with her.

     if he did, then he wouldn't have lost his one and only friend.

xxx

short first chapter,
sorry about that :3