Chapter 8 - Kool-Aid

Magsimula sa umpisa

"Yeah." A customer came in and Kate went to deal with them, so I took my chance to drink my cold water and chew the ice before heading back to the kitchen.
---------------------------------------------------------

By the end of the day I was tired and ready to sleep.

Just as I started my bath, my phone went off.

"Just reminding  you to make that list for me."

---------------------------------------------------------

By Saturday, I was tired and sore. It's hard washing dishes, floors and mats when you have a bulge hanging off of you.

My phone lit up as I got dressed for the day.

"Hey babe, guess what!"

I smiled.

"What? You love me?"

"That too. But no, my mom is offering to buy you groceries tomorrow when I see you so that the baby is healthy."

"Alex. What did you tell her?"

"Nothing bad, I simply said you were making a budget to buy healthy food and she thought it was crazy that you have to buy your own. So she wants too."

"Is she actually going to?..."

I was shocked. Scared. Nervous. What did she know? What did she think? She probably would forget about this easy.

"Well yeah. She wants the baby and you healthy. You're important."

A small smile spread on my face as I read that text.

"I'm special?"

"Of coarse. You're making MY baby and HER first grandchild. She may not like our age but she likes you and the baby. P.s, she thought the photos were adorable."

---------------------------------------------------------

On Sunday, I spent extra time straightening my short hair and putting on my makeup. Then I chose my outfit - which was just a tank top with a black flannel over top and some Jeggings I had recently bought.

I waited on the couch anxiously for Alex to make It to my house.

When he finally arrived, I grabbed my bag and hugged my dad goodbye before getting Alex and hugging him.

"You're bright today." I said, nodding towards his black shirt with dull neon guitars on it. I had just bought him the shirt last week, and was glad he was wearing it.

"Yeah, I like it."

He walked me to his van and crawled into the back seat, leaving me to stand outside and try to calculate if my hips would fit through the spaces in there.

"Wow Alex, what a total gentleman; letting yourself in and leaving your girlfriend to stand there."

Alex's mom turned around and glared at Alex before smiling at me. "Hello," She added.

"Alex, you can move the baby seat so she can get in easier."

"No its okay, i should be able to fit."

I feebly climbed into the vehicle, placing my laptop on the seat and taking my bag off my shoulder.

My boyfriend grabbed my stuff and brought it to the back and I continued to tightly squeeze my way though the seats. I was getting too wide to fit easily.

Finally, after what seemed like forever, I got seated and belted in and we were off.

The van pulled into the grocery store parking lot and Alex's dad turned around.